Today we found out the children have lice...sooo thats kinda lovely...or NOT. I'll have to be careful with what i do around them now...or atleast until their heads...and Carolin just got a nasty slice on her finger and has to go to he hospital now...so my day off is now done. I have to go care for the kids...talk to you soon...alli.
I am flying through life on the back of a feather. Catching the tails of the passing Wind. Waiting just waiting to see what and where the Wind will bring me next.
Tuesday, 19 February 2008
what a lovely day for a pony ride!
*Hello hello one and all!! Today was another beautiful English day! I had my first day off since I've been here, and it was quite nice. Tuesday morning I had a lay-in and then went into Petersfield with the girls and the children. Fay and I more or less chilled out, and Carolin took the children to the park..to feed the ducks again.
Petersfield is a really nice town, its little and there is so many different little shops and cafes. We went to a little cafe called "Natural Cafe" it has a beautiful font and just looks so lovely inside and out. The food there is SOO good! I got a muffin and some tea, while Fay got a delish looking (and tasting) Sweet potato thing. Carolin and the children joined us for a little bit, then they went to a different cafe. ***But Jenn Spenn this cafe (natural) would be one for you!! There was dishes on the menu that you could eat! Everything would be great for you!! So come visit me and i have a place for you!!*
I found this awesome 'little' (or so i thought) Book shop it is awesome! As you can see from the picture it is fabulously packed from bottom to top, floor to ceiling with books of all shapes, colours, and sizes. I loved it! I could have spent a whole day there!! I went in, wandered around, and picked up a few old books...and they were FIRST EDITIONS! It was crazy! I found one book though, that i really want to read! It is called UTOPIA and it was in a movie i once watched...and i really really want to read it! It was £9.oo so i didnt want to purchase it...but the wonderful book shop owner said they are always there, so i can get it when ever i please. This lady was awesome!! She was just what you would expect a small town british book keeper to look like...I will just let your imagenations go wild!! It was a good time, i loved the whole experience in Petersfield.
Well...welcome to my horses! (or Fays horses) These two young'uns are Tommy and Landra. They are at the moment still being trained to be rideable. Landra is a monster, she is 18 hands tall and soo beautiful! She's really nice but somtimes likes to nibble. And today (thursday) Tommy and I were having a great bonding moment while we were getting them in for the night. It was quite lovely. I got to go on another horse ride today with Dylan the horse and Fay on Oscar and Sarah on a stuck up horse Jerry. It was nice. I have riding pants from Fay now, so i'm a pro!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I saw those pictures on Facebook, and just had to see if there was more to read. To my delight there was! So while I am here suffering through my school courses you are off riding through the English countryside, and exploring exceedingly cool looking book stores...I envy you...(well, maybe not the lice thing, but that won't last long...)
ReplyDeleteStaying tuned as always,
Kerith
Seems like you are having quite the experience over there! I'm happy to hear everything is going well. I'm so jealous of the fact you are around horses so much. :) However, not so jealous of the lice! ICK!!
ReplyDeleteHi Alli;
ReplyDeleteGrammie and I have just read thru your blog and she is very impressed. You seem to be quite at home in Merry Ole England. Great pictures. I found Rogate on Google earth, and it looks loke something out of Agatha Christie.
Kepp well and we will keep in touch via your blog. God Bless.
Grammie and Flint