Sunday, 24 February 2008

God Is Good.

Who would have though that when i woke up this morning God would have blessed my socks off like I wouldn't believe. A friend of mine once told me that blessings come with the tide...well the tide which came my way today was quite amazing and completely in the hands of Christ.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I had gone to quite a small church last sunday and it was a drive and a half away...well I decided today i was going to walk to a different church. One in Rogate which is only a twenty (tops) minute walk away from my home. (*this is a random photo from Petersfield.) >
It was a beautiful morning, the fields were green as anything, and there were birds chirping everywhere, daffodils were absolutely everywhere and the morning mist was just lifting off the fields. It was great. I even forgot to bring Hamish out of my bag in my walk through, I just wanted to soak it all in with my eyes without having to do anything but breathe. In that walking time, God and I had a few good conversations...you know the regular..how are you this morning, tired, but good..you? Well, I decided to ask him to bless me with a friend in church today..I really love my connection with the girls here and the family here, but i just wanted to have another connection aswell...maybe a church connection. Well, little did I know God had a little bit of his magic up his sleeve...As a red car passed me on the side of the road, i continued on to church.
I got up to church, the doors were open which was a good sign, but i heard someone speaking already which wasnt. I had been about 10 minutes late fot the service. So i slipped into the church quietly, and a nice gentle man sitting across from me gave me his bulleton thing to follow where you're supposed to speak and stuff.
I looked around the church, and I think there was only a nice handfull of people under the age of 65, I being one of the youngest...other than an infant here, or a toddler there. (there was four of us) The majority of the church were frosted with white hair, and beautiful knit sweaters. As I looked around I just loved it. Yes the service was a bit 'old fashioned' but there were so many spiritual people there, they were all passionate about what they were listening to, and singing and it just was overwhelming.
I also noticed one couple. Well I noticed her first because she was about a foot and a bit taller than I...and he was right up there with her. For somereason they seemed...significant. Well...when the service was over I was greeted by a few people...very lovely people. Then I started up a conversation with this lady. Her name is Debbie and she is soo heart warming and welcoming. It turns out...after chatting for about 20 minutes in the church, she and her husband Phil, invited me over for lunch. (they were the people in the red car who had passed me on the road).
Let me just say, i cannot thank Christ enough for this blessing he lavished on me today. When I got to the home of this couple, she took me out into her garden (where they got married) and we just talked. About life, about her garden about my family, about her family...it was like I had known her forever. I kept telling her how my mum would just LOVE her garden...they seem quite a lot a like to me actually. (we were walking around with tea...and when she was finished with it...she poured the leftovers into the garden...just like mum does with her coffee...twins).
I got inside, and Phil had got out his telephone for me...and this special number thing for me to call home...It only costs 1p. per/min. And he said that i needed to call home...just because he knows how important family is. SO i talked to my parents...i did tear up while talking to them, and telling them about this beautiful couple totally God blessed. It was amazing. I know life is going to be different with them here in my life now. They even told me that my parents could stay with them when they come and visit in November. Ah it was so great. As i was talking to my parents and drinking tea..I read the mug i was holding, and it said "The Lord is my Shepard" and all i could say was yes. yes he is.
Seriously this family is unbelievable. The are going to take me to London to a big lively church there their sons really enjoy and ahhh man...i'm just amazed by their genorosity. I feel blessed today. My mind is just so happy right now.
Now, Fay is home and the gang is all back together, so I must go spend some time with her seeing how her weekend went...and i should do some of my studdies. But I will talk to you all soon. Love you all! Shelley I hope you are having a beautiful day, and that you're enjoying your time with all your kiddies home.
-alli
(this is a picture of my kids...olivia decided she wanted to 'sleep' durring the photo shoot...she hates pictures.)









3 comments:

  1. Alli, that is a super story.
    please remember no boys allowed when you meet their univ. aged sons.:)
    I heard the phone ring this morning- I'm sorry I didnt get up to talk to you.
    Cant wait for my email!
    Love you! J
    p.s. 7 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, alli... your post made my eyes all well up!! :) I'm so happy you are seeing and experiencing the Lord's blessings on your life -confirming that you are where He wants you to be and is providing for your needs. I can't wait to see where He 'has you' 8 months from now :) You are wonderful. I miss you. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli,
    Thanks for sharing the Lord's great provision for you. He is truly our shepherd and meets all of our needs. God is so good. I am so happy for you to meet these christian people. I can't wait to hear about the church they are going to bring you to.
    Love and prayers,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete