and all through the house, not a creature was ...not even a mouse. Except for me...Alli...who is trying to get all last minute things done so i don't have to do them in the morning. Brilliant! But my brain is starting to slowly turn to mush I think!
So tomorrow is the day I head out. Pretty crazy huh? I can't really believe it my self. I mean I can! but...I can't. I've been planning and praying about this adventure for MONTHS and tomorrow, or today i guess, I am actually heading across the big pond solo. I'm flying the coop...leaving the nest...I'm insane.
You ask...are you nervous? HECK YES I am! Who wouldn't be!! But seriously my excitement and curiosity for the trip over weighs my nerves by far! I am more nervous i suppose to leave my house, and currently my 'life' here in Hali; but i think that getting to know a new culture and people and start something new...is quite exhilarating!
I feel prepared to leave though. I think I've said enough "goodbyes' for a lifetime..But all of them were worth it. I am ready to get to know this new family, and start a new routine, and new home pace.
A highlight of 'farewells' over the past few days...It happen to be at the Sunday suppers...I am not sure if all of you know about it. But it is a place where people come for a free meal every Sunday, the guests come for various reasons, maybe financially they need a free meal and others come for the company. Many of the guests have crazy life stories which rip your heart out, but they area absolutely fabulous people! Anyway... I told them I'd be going away for a little while and one of my friends there decided to purchase me a 'guardian angel' necklace to keep me safe in my travels and to remember him by. Let me say it was SO sweet and touching. He was SO excited to give me this little present i think it had to be one of the best gifts I ever received.
I love the little things which you get which mean SO much to the person who is giving the gift, that when you receive it, it means the world to you! Well, I have to say, I'll keep this necklace for ever and I'll remember my sweet friend from the suppers whenever i touch it!
Well, it is getting kinda late...and yes theses thoughts were rather rambled and random, but it is 2:30 am! So can you blame me?
I hope you all have a beautiful day, and you will hear from me hopefully soon...but from across the big pond! From my new home in the UK!!
Love you all!! Good night.
I'm going to miss your beautiful face. Actually i miss you already. Can't wait to read you next post! Love you X 1000000000
ReplyDeletexoxoxox
hey alli gal.
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much already. Have a really good time away.. Sexy george and I are lonely here in the basement tonight without you.
I hope you had a really good flight and that Auntie Anne treated you royally.
Love you. J.
ps gracias por el dinero y la carta las otras cosas... te quiero. cuidate mucho chica.
AAAHHHHH! I can't believe you're gone!!!! You are going to have an amazing time, so you better keep us updated! Safe journeys.
ReplyDeleteThinking and praying for you today Alli... you should be there by now..Hope all is well
ReplyDeleteHoping that you are settling in well. I imagine the family has fallen in love with you already!!!!
ReplyDelete