Hello everyone! I first have to say sorry for my quick and short message the other day...Carolin's finger is fine, she only needed to get taped together...She really enjoys giving me the thumbs up now...with a white bandaged thumb. I just give it right back and give her a goofy grin. She's really great.
Anyway. This week has seemed to fly by! I had a great week! I was talking to the girls (Fay and Carolin) and we couldnt believe that a whole week and a half has already passed since I've come. It seems like so much longer! Its unbelievable. *this photo is from an adventure in the garden Olivia Christopher and Carolin and i had...That cheeky monkey on my back is OLIVIA!!
These past few days have been quite hecktic...there was an outbreak of lice in the house this week...so I've been quite lucky with being the pro-nit picker. I have been one of the lucky ones and missed out on the great opportunity of itchy scalps and loads of nit-treatment. I've just been the lucky one who gets to search and destroy them!! Lucky alli. But its been fine. Its good quality time with the chilrden and Caro.
Its been really nice these past few days...I have finally started to feel like this place is more of a home to me than just a boarding home. Not that my home in Hali isn't my HOME HOME (dont worry) I just have finally felt welcomed completely here. The other day the children asked for ME to put them to bed! I was so excited I just skipped into the room and was overjoyed!! Or when they're drawing, creating scribble masterpieces they said they drew 'alli'! Of course the blob with green jutted lines everywhere is me! Like who else (what else) could it be! Or...when i first arrived, the first impression of Christopher i had was, him crying cause he was dirty...I taught him and Olivia that its ok to tumble in the grass...getting dirty is the fun of life! I had to roll around and rub dirt on myself a few times to get it into their heads...but now they run and throw themselves at the ground...to tumble and laugh! It was great!
Also, for the girls to give me a more of a welcoming..Fay had to go home for the weekend...We were all regretting her leaving, she didnt want to leave her horses, and we didnt want her to go...but it had to happen:P...but she texted me about 10 times before she actually got home...which was two hours away...and i her...Pathetic i know...but we missed eachother common! Then last night Carolin and I sat in our kitchen for hours and just talked after we made some dinner...then I went down stairs...and sent her a 'I love you text message'...its kinda an insider between the three of us now...but she came bounding down the stairs and gave me a huge hug! That was the moment then. that i knew i felt like this was the start of a new home.
It was just a all around good time. I still have no idea what the coins look like when i'm purchasing anything...so above my being 'lost' glazed look on my face...fumbling speaking strange foreigner words just makes the casheirs laugh...which is good most of the time. **Who knew that "FACIAL TISSUES" are tissues...like Kleenex? I didnt...and i had to take a picture of the sign...and i got asked by a grocery staff member out of curiousity why the heck i was taking pictures of kleenex and the 'facial tissues' signs...we both had a good laugh over it.
As you can see in this photo...i've found my british boy!! He's quite a bright man i'd say...Mum do you approve? he has a dog and sheep!! He's my 'Walter!!' (yes he finally found a face!!)
Well today other than having the chance to get into town and away from the home for a little bit...we had a little excitement here. I got to see a blacksmith at work...which was pretty sweet dang sweet...but we kinda lost our dogs. Now, Bonnie and Buster are great beautiful German Shepards. They are the most loving sweet dogs ever...but they arent so great when they're let free to run around the fields...where they just tag team animals...for fun as kill...it has been a historic event that these dogs have gone into the neighbors fields...and killed his sheep...so they kinda have a death threat for lead in the head if they do anything again...YIKES. So before we went into town Sarah Carolin and I went looking for the dogs...We sped down the country lanes just looking for any sign of the dogs (dad we saw a deer!! And we almost hit a fox!) But Sarah and I ended up romping through a field of sheep looking for the dogs...I saw a pile of whool on the field and i was so scared we were too late...i thought the dogs caught a lamb...(duhh lambs arent born yet) BUt it was just left over whool...we couldnt find them, so we had to go into town to make Carolins appointment. Hours later Juan found them,...just in the woods just before they hit a sheep field. Woo. Good one Juan!
Anyway it was a good week. Eventfull and memorable. Hilight aswell was a trip to a photography club with Sarahs mother Pam. She's a great lady. So funny and 'hip' her and her gal-pal Jill are up to no good most of the time, which makes me laugh. Anyway, at the club i was the youngest by about 46 years...and i loved it. At the club there was a judge who was looking at photos the people in the group sent in a few weeks before. He was an older man *the judge and when he looked at the photographs he looked in depth into them, telling a story which came to mind. PERSONALLY I thought some of the things he said were quotable...but i guess NOT to Pam and Jill...women who are in their 70's started ranting when we got into the car...saying that they shouldnt get an old man such as this one to judge that evening. I almost wet myself laughing. It was So funny.
Ah great times. Well i am off to comb carolin one last time, I hope you all had a great evening. I'll talk to you soon!!
-alli
Anyway it was a good week. Eventfull and memorable. Hilight aswell was a trip to a photography club with Sarahs mother Pam. She's a great lady. So funny and 'hip' her and her gal-pal Jill are up to no good most of the time, which makes me laugh. Anyway, at the club i was the youngest by about 46 years...and i loved it. At the club there was a judge who was looking at photos the people in the group sent in a few weeks before. He was an older man *the judge and when he looked at the photographs he looked in depth into them, telling a story which came to mind. PERSONALLY I thought some of the things he said were quotable...but i guess NOT to Pam and Jill...women who are in their 70's started ranting when we got into the car...saying that they shouldnt get an old man such as this one to judge that evening. I almost wet myself laughing. It was So funny.
Ah great times. Well i am off to comb carolin one last time, I hope you all had a great evening. I'll talk to you soon!!
-alli
hey gally.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're happy there!!
I cant wait for that email!! Please send it to julia.robyn@gmail.com because I dont like hotmail.
Love you. We didnt get your message until like 11 tonight. so that is super late for you.
Be good!
Alli i loved your post! I wish i was as happy as you!
ReplyDeleteit sounds so good. I love the fact you have other girls you work with, that was the best ting about greece. Your going to become friends for life:)
text me sometime!!
-Becks