Sunday, 30 March 2008

Take Two

Hello World. How are you today? AH I am good thank you, quite glad to have a little break with a lovely sunny sunday day off! Thank you for asking! How was my week do you say? Ah my week was full from dawn to dusk each day (hence me now writing) But it was good thank you! Would you like to hear a bit about my week/life? AH wonderful! Where do I start...Oh yes. Easter. Easter seems like it was so long ago, but really it was only a week ago. Craziness. I was blessed with two easter dinners last week. One here in the Tullecombe home with EVERYONE in the family here! It was quite nice, Sarah and Juan made a lovely roast chicken dinner, which I was asked to give the blessing for before we ate...which was absolutely terrifying and out of my comfort zone, but I did it. The food was blessed and it in the end wasnt so bad. THEN I went to the Carpenters home for a family dinner on Sunday. I have pretty much been adopted into this family I think, its quite warm and welcoming. I even have my own Napkin ring at the table, AND a place where i put my wellies when I come in from a walk with Debbie. Whilst I was at their home on sunday I had many good giggles and laughs which was nice, it really made me feel like i was at home..But then I also asked Tim one of their sons what CRICKET the sport was...Not knowing it would be so difficult to explain, we spent the afternoon in a cricket learning session: where i held the ball and the paddle thing while watching apparently the best game of cricket known to man. It was good, and now i understand the sport!! And to end a lovely easter weekend Fay and Caro made me a easter egg hunt around our flat, made up of riddles and chocolate. It was great I laughed a lot and they video taped me running around like a mad man with lovely riddles to solve. What great fun...and great Chocolate!!
The rest of the week has come and gone in more or less of a blur. But I have accomplished quite a bit!! The children and I planted a flower garden which we will water each day in our wellies, with our colourful watering cans! And Caro, the children and I planted beautiful flowers in pots we will water as well!! (this summer Sarah and I are going to have our own veggie garden aswell!! WOOHOOO!!) I also was a hairdresser this week! I trimmed my unruely bangs and also trimmed Fays 'fringe' (bangs) as well!! I slept in for the first time without setting an alarm since i've been here!!!
Also this week I have had the chance to go out and ride 'my lovely Dylan' the horse about 3 or 4 times!! Its been eventfull each ride! one ride I learned how to trot whilst out in the forest hacking it out with Fay and Sarah... Then Fay and I got lost (kinda one day) while we were out adventuring on the horses. On that adventure Dylan mannaged to walk me into a tree, so my knee is is a lovely rainbow of assorted colours (just like the rainbow in this picture!! I've now seen a rainbow in England, Ecuador, USA AND Canada!!) Whilst we were out in the forest that day, Fay and I were trotting up this hill...but we forgot that there were branches down across the path. SO normally if we were WALKING the horses would just step over it without a blink...but since we were going at a nice TROTTING pace, the horses were preparing themselves to JUMP the lovely branch-jump on the path. I remember thinking as this branch came into sight...uhhh Fay uhhh there's a branch in the path, uhhh what do I do?! But see...I just thought that, didnt actually let it come out of my mouth. Before i knew it, Dylan had decided he wanted to start CANTERING as the branch came closer...and then WOO HOOOO flew through the air with oblivious me on his back holding on for dear life. I Jumped a branch on a horse!! Incredible! I was so suprised and completely flabbergasted that I just hit a jump, that i screamed at Fay as i Flew through the air FAY I JUMPED!! Then we were laughing so hard we couldn't talk or ride properly. It was great! Oh, the good laughs we share in those forests.
Life in the home has been good this week, the children are getting better at saying Please and Thank you! And they're getting much better at doing what you ask of them. Its funny sometimes I ask Liv to do something, she doesn't do it..I say, Olivia what did I just say...she says 'Sorry Alli' and does it! SORRY SHE SAYS SORRY NOW!! And Man Christopher had me lauging SO hard yesterday. See sometimes he just says really funny things, like when i was changing his nappy it stunk...so i said Good Gracious this stinks...then he said 'Oh good gracious golly me!' (which i had tought him before) But it caught me off guard i just started laughing. Or he's picked up saying ' oh _____ (put a name there) doesnt have a clue'. It just makes me laugh. Oh funny children. BUT ohhh were they naughty one day this week. Have any of you ever read the story 'I love you Forever?' You know the every family has this story kinda book, where there's a little song in it every family has their own melody to? Well on one of the pages there's a naughty little two year old who tore up the bathroom...toilet paper everywhere...Well lovely Me got to live that out this week. the twins tore up the downstairs toilet (bathroom) toilet paper EVERYWHERE! Lets just say Alli wasnt so impressed...and the lovely little buggers got to clean it up themselves! Lets hope that doesnt happen again. But they have been good other than that. Beds arent getting ripped up! AND when I go get them in the mornings and after their naps they're awake but just sitting nicely reading Thomas books in their beds. SOo nice.
But life here is good, I am definately kept on my toes in the house and out in the yard. But life is enjoyable. Juans other kids are here this weekend so the home has been full and busy but a really fun time. I laugh a lot which is nice.
Anyway my hand is cramping up and this is the second time i've written this blog, the first one disappeared when I was about to finish. BUT thats ok. I like this one better.
Well world, I'm off to go laze around and do more correspondance. Have a good day and something fun to do...Send someone you love something in the post. its so much more secial then recieving a text...or an email..or a stinky facebook message. Actually take time out of your day sit down and write someone. it may just make their day.
Love alli.
I really hope I get to go to the ocean sometime soon!!!
PS. ******Our time changed here last night, so now we're back to being 4 hours different from Hali. Just so everone at home knows.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Easter was good for you! I'm glad. Often the holidays are the hardest to be away for, but it sounds like you were well loved and for that I am thankful!

    Glad the kids are geting the hang of managing for you. They do sound delightful!

    You sound happy Allie and that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that makes me happy too

    ReplyDelete