As only people who know the Halifax history...people from hali are called bluenosers...because of a sail boat called the BLUE NOSE...(Original). If you find a Canadian dime...on it is the Bluenose. ANYWAY, alli get to the point of the story...I GOT TO SEE A FRIEND FROM HOME!!! Its absolutely strange, I didnt think about it until I was on the bus on my way to London, that its been about 5 weeks since I've seen any Canadian at all. (strange thought) But I got to see my friend Becky.
Now, Beck and I kinda grew up together...we just spent a lot of time together growing up. We even said that we were twins..ANYWAY we had a lovely time! It was really great, I loved seeing her. We both are not into the touristy things, buildings are buildings and well you see them every day. There is so much more to discover within a big city. There are little charity shops to discover, places to get lost in, streets to discover, Ah so much more than taking pictures of the same things everyone else has already photographed, even talked about a million times. Beck and I would have nothing of that and just went wild. Well not wild...but we just wandered around.
Once we lost sight of the London eye we were off on our own, trying to follow notes and mini maps becky had in her bag. It was brilliant. We talked for hours and hours and ate fruit and laughed and just remembered life when we were little...ah crazy times and we were just nutty. I absolutely loved my afternoon though.
Being in London was a strange thing. Becky had told me that it was a rather empty city. Dont get me wrong every street is packed to its absolute max, but there is so much missing. It feels hollow. Walking past people in the tube, everyone just followed the person infront of them. Like we were water flowing through taps. It really made me think. Even in one little charity shop we went into, it seemed like there was more life and love than we had seen all day wandering the huge london streets. The door was open, and people just went in to talk to the beautiful lady who owned the shop. Aparently last time she was in the shop, a man who just sits on a stool beside the counter was convincing someone life was worth living, and not to kill themselves. It was insane! But it showed that there is still life and love shared even in the smallest parts of the globe. Even in a shell of a city like London. But getting to spend my time with someone who looked at it with the same broken eyes as I did made the journey so much more meaningful. It was brilliant, thank you my bluenose tube adventure queen! It twas sweet running through the station with you, and experiencing the crazy fighting couple on the tube. Come to my peaceful country home next time!*
(Look at this picture there are Canadian geese here in England, who knew! But I bet they have English accents if they honked a hello to one that lives in Canada)
Well this morning i had a pleasant suprise of waking up only once to the sound of the children before 7:30! The little mosters stayed in bed quietly until 8:30!! Which is absolutely incredible! I normally have to crawl into their room wrapped up in a blanket and tell them to be quiet about 3 times...so not having to go in at all to tell them to hush was sooo nice! I praised them all morning for it, and even gave them stickers! They felt like royalty and showed EVERYONE their stickers. It was so fun! And I got to spend more time in my comfy bed. (who doesnt like doing that eh?) Im hoping that my little younguns will start doing that regularily because I couldnt be bothered much longer to keep up with this room to room business. But it was sooo exciting!
Today after i spent more time with the children I went out into the stables and was mucking out. I decided to go slow today because of lack of energy but it was nice. Buster came out with me (the dog) and he just sat either in the stable with me, or out of the door while i did my work. He was good company and i knew that if anything happened, i'd be safe no matter what. He's HUGE! His head is about the size of Texas! OK...maybe not Texas but its massive. But he's lovely. I really enjoy him. Being outside was quite nice today...except for the fact that it SNOWED. YES. SNOW. Like White precipitation falling from the sky. No kidding. It was sick. Not sick as in 'dude thats sooo cool' sick as in, 'ew gross i thought i escaped winter coming from my igloo in Canada'. The girls were just laughing at me because they thought it was wonderful having snow outside..but I was wraped up in a blanket, scarf, big wool socks from Poppy, (my warmest clothes) and i was still shivering. Silly little Canadian. *and its supposed to get to -1` tomorrow. Easter sunday and its going to be a freeze fest. I suppose no running down country lanes in sock feet for me.
But I should get to bed, it is rather late and I have a church service and a family lunch with Debbie and Phil and the rest of their family tomorrow. Apparently i'm part of the clan...I guess if you think about it we do share a dad. But yeah I hope you all have (had) a wonderful Easter and that you all get your socks blessed off today. Look for the small details in life, and you will find some of the biggest joys. That is my challange for you today.
Breath, believe, live. Kick off your shoes and say hello to a dear friend.
Happy Birthday Grammie. The English countryside wishes you a hello!
-from a bluenoser across the sea...alli
Hey buddy, that was an awesome read you just gave me. I hope you're having an awesome easter, the son has risen and it's a beautiful day. I hope your snow doesn't stay long, we keep getting little bits then it goes away, don't worry warmth is coming soon.
ReplyDeleteI tearfully say...well written, thought provoking post dear girl. Be well!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh i just read this blog. .... i miss you. london is still empty and hollow unfortuatly.
ReplyDeleteI am planning my next few weeks.... and stressing about them! Ill keep you up to date though and defiantly still plan to visit you:)
xxxxxxxxx
becks