Well, as some of you know I went to London last Sunday with Phil and Debbie to a church called HTB. Now I didn't really have the time to wander around the city streets and see it all but they did drive me around the city after the service so I could see Big Ben, and Lizzy's home (the palace) and all the sites and things. It was beautiful seeing it all lit up and bright.
BUT CHURCH. Ok, so HTB is quite a large church. It is hugely community based and infact is the home of Alpha. Some of you probably have heard of the Alpha course, and have it in your churches...well the man who started it up is the vicar of the church: Nicky Gumbel. He gave the message on sunday night after a sweet worship session, which I later found out was Tim Hughes. As you can see its kinda well known church, but it was absolutely amazing. I think next time I go, i'm going to see what their homeless outreach is like...my heart is really missing the Sunday Suppers at home, and the people I love there. SO we'll see what happens with that. Anyway, London was a sweet experience. *Phil was afraid though that I would die walking across the road...and look the wrong direction, and turn into tourist road kill...so i was lead every time we crossed a street...but its alright. Even though painted on the streets it says what direction to look for traffic...funny eh?
Now our adventures were quite lovely..one morning i was rather dopy and not fit for conversation but the walk was nice. The fresh air was a good way to wake me up...and Bonnie and Buster were quite lively as well so keeping up with their crazy fast pace was good for me as well. On our adventures we've had lots of time to talk, laugh, yell at the dogs and meet friends...like mud puddles and deer! In this picture there is a deer, who is a dear friend of ours now. We've seen her/him? every time we pass this same area. We think she's too stupid and scared that we're going to pass by here ONE MORE TIME to actually move..It makes us laugh every time. Its great and we get a good laugh out of our long walks. We're going out again tonight, and hopefully Runny and Drippy (we've renamed the dogs) will be good for us and not disappear into the fog and mist.
Well, life here in Rogate is nothing but dull. There is always something to do..or somwhere to go. Or someone (animal or human) to talk to. Its nice. Well, i should probably go and do some of my studies...this fourth unit is ALMOST finished. And Fay is chatting in my ear, so its hard to multi task. But I hope you all are having a beautiful day.
*Adam i'm glad to hear you're alright and not hurt too badly with the car...snow stinks. *Uncle David you would love looking at my fingers right now...totally full of dirt! Every time I come in from the fields I want to take a picture and send it to you!
Mum and dad and nate thanks for the package! Muffins will be made sometime this weekend...and the goggles are being used quite a bit. The valley looks fabulous through the eyes of the God Goggles.
-peace and love everyone!
the busy bee.
Alli, you are wonderful. I love that you planted a seed in England. I want to call you sometime but i never know when you're not busy. Tell me when and we'll have a good old chat.Talk to you later
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that you are far from bored!!! So glad that you are making connections and not feeling lost and out of place. We are all getting together next friday night to discuss Passion and Purity and we will be thinking of you. Perhaps you could e-mail your thoughs and be with us in spirit!
ReplyDeleteMissing you and praying for you! Be well!!!