Monday, 3 March 2008

Running down counrty lanes in sockfeet

For some reason, whenever the sun shines it brings warmth and joy into my soul. It makes me want to leap, skip, dance, run around! Well this Sunday the sun was brilliantly bright and it did just that to me. I was on my way to church in Rogate and i was running a bit behind because i had made a mothers day card for Debbie. (The lady who i mentioned before) Well I also wanted to pick her a little bouquet of flowers. SO I did. But being in such a rush not wanting to be late for church AGAIN I decided to take off my burkenstocks...and run!! So i did! It was soo nice! there weren't many cars passing so it was so freeing, leaping in the air, skipping, running...it was really beautiful! Mind you someone from church DID pass me on the way in..a rather proper lady, and she told me she saw me running to church in my sock feet. Oops. I should have told her 'I got the Holy Spirit'! But i just said i didnt want to be late. *oh dear.
Well this past week has gone by quite quickly. And there have been a few changes around as well! Well..let me just kinda give a brief background information as to why my job has kinda 'expanded'. Last week Fay (the groom) was quite sick. But she's too stuborn to not work...so I went out and helped her in the stables and fields so she didnt have to do it all alone..and so she didnt die doing it. Well she noticed how I LOVE being outside, and how I love the horses and stuff...AND she mentioned it to Sarah my boss...Well, Sarah has decided to have me working both as a groom and an aupair!! I'm so happy! I still have the chance to love the children and get to take care of them. But if its needed, I am asked to go out and get dirty! AH its soo nice. The other day i spent the whole day outside. First in the morning with fay...we were chasing phesants with the 4x4 and doing our jobs of course...but then i got to take the children outside and spend that time with them in the sunshine aswell!!! I LOVE IT!
The weather is getting to the point when you're in the sun, you can really feel it. It feels like the sun can touch right through you. And warm your innermostbeing. Its even freckle-worthy weather. I'm starting to get a few freckles here and there on my face! YIPPEE!! Sun kisses, thats what my mum says. At Phil and Debbies they have a Huge Magnolia tree and I cant wait for it to bloom. The buds are just wanting to pop, wanting to burst but they cant yet. It is going to be SO beautiful! I am doing to take my Hamish over there one afternoon and just photograph their garden, and the tree. It will be lovely. With a cup of tea at hand aswell...ah it willl be like a day dream.
Things with the children have been rather interesting lately. I love them to death i really do. But sometimes I'm finding it a little difficult to put them to bed after lunch time. At times if they're not really tired they strip their whole beds and throw everything on the floor. Its rediculous. BUT I'm trying to find a way for it to be avoided...Ideas anyone? But For the most part they're quite lovely. Christopher comes and gives me 'kiss-cuddle's all the time, and Olivia likes me calling her Pink *somtimes blue Dog. I'm fine with that because I remember when i was little...i was convinced i was a dog at times too...SO calling her Blue Dog is super!
Oh Christopher. I really believe this child has OCD. He is absolutely hilarious but somtimes if you clean up his chaos...or mess he flips. Its not that you're touching the toys...its the fact that you're moving them out of their place he cant handle it. His chaos either is a massive pile with all his toys in it, or everything is lined up perfactly like a train. Strange child. OR today he lined up his raspberries and blueberries *red blue red blue red blue. And if you moved it...not that i did or anything, he flipps! Its great.
Anyway. I probably should head off and work...the Olivia is fixing my foot with tools...and Christopher is watching Thomas the tank engine. I just got back from a horse ride (first time without a lead!!!) sooooo i should probably warm up and keep these trouble-makers occupied.
Talk to you all later!! I hope the ecuador team arrived safely!!
Love you all!!!
-alli the freckle face socked foot dancer child.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this whole time I thought your name was just Alli, but I guess it's alli the freckle face socked foot dancer child. The sun was out here today too, you can feel it getting warmer! Spring will spring soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! Matt always beats me to posting. I swear, I check the blog so often, it has become a sort of addiction...A good one though!

    So I wrote a nice long response to your posting. Of course I forgot my password, so off I go to find my password and send my message off to you. This is not as easy as you may think. Twenty minutes later and armed with a new password, I am ready to go.

    Whatever Matt may say, do not be fooled. it is cold here. Very cold. Rejoice in the warmth! You are a lucky girl...

    I can't wait to see how Hamish's latest works. I've noticed that facebook album is getting pretty full.

    -Kerith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there is much laughter on a daily basis! We are looking forward to the days we can run barefoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading this post as well as the other ones all you can say is God is GOOD. its really great to read that He's been providing you with friends, a church, and now you get to hang with horses. just too cool. as for the bed sheets you could either A, tuck them in really really tight.

    B, tell them that when they are on the bed, the floor comes to life as an old, old man. they can't see him because whenever they look down he turns back into the floor. tell them that when sheets are thrown on the floor the old man gets very sad and whenever the house creaks it is actually him walking around feeling miserable about the sheets thrown on the floor.

    C. just tell them that its naughty of them.

    ryguy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you alli.
    Grego told me that you were sad the other day and I cried. I miss you and I want you to be happy in Inglaterra.. sory I didnt make it to the cyber yesterday. It was raining out harder than I´ve ever seen and I was in a white t. :S
    spank them soundly and send them to bed. ¨:D!
    LOve you (again)

    ReplyDelete