Thursday, 6 March 2008

Clouds mystical magic

Beautiful, simple, fresh, mystical. Today was full of simple beauties. I wrote someone this morning describing how there was a mist just floating through the fields and the trees today and it made me feel like I was in a mystical land...And I think I have convinced myself infact that I AM in a mystical land.
Today was my day off, and it was so much needed. Now my friends, dont get me wrong. I love spending time with my kiddies and Caro. I love getting my fingers dirty and lovely horse droppings all over my trousers...BUT I have had a really full last few days here in Tullecombe. And today, I just needed a good lay in...Big bowl of yoghurt and grapes and good warm drinks. So I spoiled myself and totally and greedily used this day off as a restfull day.
This morning I DID tell Fay I'd help her clean the horse droppings from the fields, So i just stayed in bed until the fields time came around. And I went out into the yard. The air was fresh this morning, and the clouds were doing these crazy things with grey and white and blue. I loved it. Magic. The 'blacksmith' guy was there so I sat and watched him work his magic on these giant pieces of metal on the foot of a horse. It was awesome. One thing he said made me laugh though, and just realize how strong he really was. One of the horses Jerry decided to put all of his weight on Simon while he was nailing in the shoe...and he said that if he was a tent peg he would be completely nailed into the ground. And I thought it was a great analogy.
After fields I went and finished my last correspodance assignment for unit three. (only 7 more to go!! WOOT WOOT) Then I made some toast and more hot liquids, and headed up to the bath. After a rather rushed bath, I went to another little town with Sarah. She had an appointment or something, so i was free to roam. I love that feeling. Its like...Alli vs. the little hidden stores and corners of the town. I love exploring. I love finding the little mini shops that just arent recognized...SO its like a mission agains the time, to explore and absorbe everything around me before I have to leave. Today I found an arts store where I'll probably go and purchase brushes and canvases if I choose so. And a little knick-knack shop was a hilight i think. There was this glass pane in the store, and it was covered in dragonflies and of course hamish popped out. And these awesome insese sticks...which smelt like Ecuador. I loved it.
It was a good day, I have to say it was a day off put to good use. I have to go make dinner now though for the girls and I. We're having Ravoli and garlic bread. Yummy. I have to stand up from this comfy chair which i am curled up in...with yet another hot drink and a good bright blanket. I'm listening to this awesome musician i found randomly on the internet...and now i'm going to try and find his cd somewhere...his name is Matt Nathanson so check him out!! Sweet tunes my friends.
I'm off now. I hope you all are having a beautiful day. I miss you all! but I'll be home before you know it!! Its hard to believe its been three weeks since I've arrived here, and started fresh. I guess in ways its felt like months, but in other ways just minutes, just like i've floated to this moment. Its a strange feeling, but as you probably can guess, I dont mind.
Stalling, i know. GO COOK ALLISON but, I'll talk to you soon!!
(Hello Everyone in Ecuador!!)(Briggie how do i get the bubble map thing on my blog?)
Peace and love everyone!!
go get dirt under your nails and splash in puddles.

4 comments:

  1. I promise I will splash in all the puddles I can find just for you!

    I'm feeling pretty triumphant being the first to post!
    The beautiful weather has finally reached Halifax. On my way home from school I waved to the horses, and thought about you and yours.

    Just one complaint..Hamish seems to be snapping photos all the time, and we NEVER get to see them all. Please show!

    Oh, your kidding me...I've lost my password again. if I ever figure this out it will be a small miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alli, how i love you and your mini adventures each day. I checked out Matt dude, very sweet for sure. Car Crash is a fav. I was thinking and praying for you the other day, all wonderful thoughts of you. I love that things are going well and that you're loving the small town hick feeling with the country air. Oh how i miss it myself. Good stuff, well i must stop procrastinating and finish this dang paper. Can i call you sometime? Send me your number. Love you and i think about you often.

    Oh and just click on one of our boxes with the world on it. And it should say get your own counter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alli:
    I always love to read your blog stories. It makes me feel like I have been a part of your adventure. I went out for my run this morning(a very rainy day) with Mary at Point Pleasant Park. I was able to puddle stomp, just as you had suggested. I hadn't planned on rolling in the dirt and getting dirt under my nails BUT Frank(her dog) decided to stuff a BIG stick between my running feet.....I'm sure I was less than graceful as I went down!!!!

    I love you and miss you lots.
    mum

    ReplyDelete