Friday, 22 October 2010

Red Orange Yellow

Good day my dear blog readers. How are you all today? Well, as I promised here are my red leaf photos which I promised to you all.
Today was a day off of school, I don't have classes on Friday which is so nice! So as a day of 'freedom' I slept in, for the first time in AGES. My friend Matt stopped by, because he's doing some painting for my parents, and we visited for a bit. I did some spanish while Matt was painting, and then visited some more when he finished.


While Matt and my brother and I were visiting, we decided to clean out the fridge...have a mini adventure and face the fight of gross things within our refrigerator. OH man, was it ever disgusting. Honestly, I haven't laughed that hard it a while, nor have I gagged so much either. I think living in a home with so many people with such busy schedules we just don't clean out that fridge as often as necessary...and man did we find some treasures. We initially opened the fridge to have something to eat...but I believe it is safe to say that Nate, Matt and I all lost our appetites for the rest of the afternoon. Gross!
After Matt went home, and Nate went off to football practice, and I finished 'ocd-ing' the fridge, I went for a walk.

As you can see from the collection of red and orange leaves posted on my blog wall. I took Jessie with me, so she could have a little adventure along with me.

I haven't really been that brave and gone out very far since my surgery since I'm quite slow and I usually am a bit stiff and sore afterwards. But I couldn't help it this time afternoon. The clouds were great and grey...but the good kind of grey. The kind which makes all the colours below them so vibrant and wonderful that their presence is appreciated instead of frowned upon.

Jess and I took it slow, but it was great. I kept stopping to photograph leaves, while Jessie stopped to smell all the doggie goodness there is to smell on a walk. We walked to a lake just below a local overpass, and just as we were getting close the sun peeked out between the clouds and graced us with its warmth and wonderful presence. I loved it. There was no shelter at the lake side, so Jess and I turne back home quite quickly. But it was a nice walk nonetheless.

I am glad I went today, on my little excursion. I'm a bit stiff and achy now, but in the end it was so worth it. As I have mentioned before, I haven't seen our beautiful Nova Scotian colours in a few years. SO today, I felt spoiled and treated like a queen.

I hope you enjoyed these few photos and I also hope you all have a relaxing weekend.
much love.
-alli

2 comments:

  1. mi querida Alli, this blog was great. I just was loling at the fridge bit. Thats so gross, and I love that Matt was there for it too. Very funny.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pictures, and appreciate your appreciation of the colors, i TOO had not seen the red and oranges and yellows in almost 6 years! :)

    ReplyDelete