Monday, 18 October 2010

Now the people will know we were here

Good morning Pocketbook readers, how are you all this morning? I am doing quite well. As I am writing to you all this morning I am (as usual) sipping a warm cup of tea. I have chosen a peppermint tea this morning and I am quite satisfied. I am currently sitting in the atrium of my university and I am quite content.
I don't start my classes for another hour and a half, but I thoroughly enjoy coming to school early and just having some quiet time to catch up on my readings, people watch, and enjoy the change in scenery.
It is a Monday Morning and it is so quite here today. Earlier in the school year the area where I am would be quite busy, people walking and talking everywhere, but today it is peaceful and silent. Maybe people had spent too much time partying on the weekend and they're all finding it hard to scrape themselves out of their beds...who knows. But I am enjoying the stillness. Within the hour I am sure it will fill up in here and I will be wishing the quiet would return to me. But nevermind. I am enjoying it as it lasts.

Well, for the first time in over two years I have been able to experience the Nova Scotian autumn colours. Yesterday on the way home from church I was driving along the highway and man oh man were the colours incredible! I couldn't believe how beautiful the colours were. Reds, Oranges, Yellows, AH they were incredible colours. Earlier this fall I wasn't so sure the colours would be so brilliant because the leaves were all an off-brown colour. But not now. I cannot wait to go for a little hobble about a local walking path and take some photos.

I don't have any colours to show you really today other than this little leaf (which is smaller than my pinky finger nail), I found on a hike in Duncans Cove a few weeks ago. But soon I hope to have the brilliance up for you to see.

I think I have forgotten how beautiful Nova Scotia is in the autumn. Seeing the colours yesterday all scattered across the beautiful landscape it took my breath away. Honestly it was incredible. If you have never experienced autumn colours, please come to 'Canada's Ocean Playground'- Nova Scotia. You will never regret it. (Unless you get caught in a hurricane-even then it is beautiful). I am excited to be here this year. It has been a while since I have spent a whole year in one place. It has almost been a year that I've been in NS and it feels rather nice.

Now to you all who have able-walking legs; this is your opportunity to go and experience the autumn in its finest. If you have a camera bring it along. But if not, just go and breathe in the brilliance of the colours around you. If you do not live somewhere with bright coloured leaves, just go for a walk anyway! There is nothing wrong with searching out the beauty in our world and drinking it in through a simple little stroll.

I must get back to my readings. I'm reading 'A DOLL HOUSE' play in my english class and I must have it finished for my class tomorrow. I hope you all have a brilliant day.
-a
ps. I'm down to one crutch now! I am SO excited! Its been three weeks today since surgery and I'm feeling so much better! (just incase you were wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment