Good evening my friends!

Tonight while I was at the Sunday Suppers one of our guests (who is quite fond of me) asked me what I got for Christmas this year, and just to be cheeky and to avoid lengthy conversation on that subject I answered him 'pickles and tapered candles'...he laughed, then said 'well you must have had a nice dinner' and that was the end of THAT subject in our conversation.
What I happen to have told him, was in fact the truth. This year I made Santa a list of what I would like for Christmas and Pickles and Tapered candles were on that list! And guess what: I got them both!! Julia and my friend Jenni both happened to get me tapered candles for Christmas and it has given me hours of enjoyment. Honestly, I think I have spent nearly two hours (at different times) just sitting and enjoying the candles. I received two beautiful purple beeswax candles from Julia and two white tapered beeswax candles from Jenni. AH so great! The ones close to me know how to spoil me.
I learned though, that with these beautiful candles, they are not the type of candle to really start dripping and create beautiful drip-patterns on the jars which are holding them up. (which was my intention--what made me love them from the beginning was the fact that as the candles burned they created splendid unique drip-patterns below) As these candles have been burning I have been helping them along slightly, every once in a while moulding the candles so that they have the opportunity to create drip trails down the candle.
After dinner tonight, Mum, Emily and I all sat around my candles and got out our crayon box and melted different crayon colours into the already burning tapered candles--it was beautiful! Reds, blues, purples! I loved it! There is so much more character and pezaz to my candles now! Sadly though, whilst I have been doing this, creating beautiful colourful patterns of dripping wax, I have been getting wax all over my fingertips (and the table); and in doing this I have created little blisters on my finger tips! I am currently unsure of what is remanent of leftover wax, and what is the beginning of little blisters on my poor little fingertips! (woah is me)
Nevertheless I am completely and utterly content with these simple little gifts. Candles! Who knew how much fun one could have with them! You should all find an old bottle laying around your home, purchase a tapered candle and experience this great mesmerization with colourful tapers. Seriously, I bet you can't have just one! *yes that phrase is from a Lays commercial from the 90's* But do it! Try out a taper--and your candle experiences will never be the same again! have a good evening! (I'm going to now go put my fingers in cold water...poor little things are a wee bit sore!)
Good night, and I hope you all have been having a great January!
-alli
No comments:
Post a Comment