A few weeks ago our family was invite to dine with some close family friends. Initially, once we received the invitation, Mum wasn't sure whether the WHOLE family was invited or not (since we were all home, and 6 extra mouths are an awful lot for those who are not used to guests of our size). So I had the privilege of asking if we 'children' were invited as well.
Well, I quickly learned that the dinner did involve the whole family, and it was actually going to be at OUR home. Now this may sound odd to you all, but really, it has happened before so we are used to it.* A side note to the story is: Our families have been planning a home made pasta night with home made sauce for probably the past two years, but have never actually made it happen.
So once I learned that we were eating here, then he said, OH and we're having the pasta dinner!! You guys will make the pasta, and I'll make the sauces. And there you have it, it was a done-deal.
Monday came and Mum had prepared the pasta dough, in a few different flavours (plain, tomato, pesto), and our friends brought incredible ingredients for delicious pasta sauces. We stretched and cut the pasta into a few different sizes, and there were two different types of pasta sauces. The whole thing took a little while to make, but in the end, it was SO worth the wait.
So once I learned that we were eating here, then he said, OH and we're having the pasta dinner!! You guys will make the pasta, and I'll make the sauces. And there you have it, it was a done-deal.
Monday came and Mum had prepared the pasta dough, in a few different flavours (plain, tomato, pesto), and our friends brought incredible ingredients for delicious pasta sauces. We stretched and cut the pasta into a few different sizes, and there were two different types of pasta sauces. The whole thing took a little while to make, but in the end, it was SO worth the wait. I am pretty sure that our home made pasta was the best pasta I have ever tasted. It was delicious and fresh, soft but not sticky! Then in combination with the incredible sauces---my taste buds were in heaven. (my taste buds are now watering just thinking about it)
After planning that meal for two years, it was an awesome evening. Good company and great food.
peace and love.
alli
No comments:
Post a Comment