I know I know, for those who know me well, I am not one who LOVES snow and usually asks for it. Nevertheless, I would thoroughly enjoy a snow right now.
I suppose there is something about the white flakes falling from the sky, dancing and swirling, bringing a calm and whimsical refreshing blanket of glittering whiteness. AH its so dreamy.
Since I work in a shop which has been ready for Christmas since the 18th of OCTOBER, I have been ready for Christmas and snow and holiday festivities for months. Walking into my work, it smells, looks and could even taste Christmas (if food were on the beautiful Christmas dishes we have). It surrounds me all day long! On those days when there are few flakes floating around in the sky, I get a little bit excited inside. (I dread the thought of mopping the salty floors which never seem to become clean) Being able to see 'Christmas' outside as much as inside is refreshing and quite nice.
In all of this talk about snow, and a white Christmas, I also have that eternal sunshine part of me who loves to be speckled with freckles and have blonde blonde hair due to the sunshine...be able to run around in bare feet and sandals and not just wool socks and sandals *which yes, I do style everyday possible.
I was talking to my mum about it the other day and she said to me...'If you did not experience winter and its bitterness, the cold, then would you really-truly appreciate the warmth and beauty of the summer time?' ---I thought about this, and realized I suppose she was right. One must be able to experience both, to know how much better the other really is. After she had said this to me, she gave me another example. She said to me, "You know Alli, its like this---I look at unattractive people and then see how beautiful YOU really are!' (now she meant this in the most innocent and loving way). I on the other hand--thought she was taking the mik out of me, and was saying that I was unattractive---but her looking at other unattractive people made me drop dead gorgeous! She quickly defended herself and explained MULTIPLE times that this was not in fact what she had intended it to sound like. It was worth a good laugh though.
So to close, Snow would be okay. One must experience the good and the bad to know what really is good.
Have a good night!
-alli
No comments:
Post a Comment