It has been a very long time since I have updated and I feel slightly bad about this. I am someone who loves to read other peoples blogs and I am severely disappointed when I realized they have not updated their blogs--- But yet here I am, someone who neglects their blog (quite regularly) so I am sorry for that. I don't even know how many people DO read this blog, or where you are or what your stories are, BUT nevertheless I am sorry.
So over the past month, I have been away almost every weekend, or have done SOMETHING significant over the weekend, So let me update you.
Back in November, on Remembrance Day weekend, a group of friends and I rented a cottage and we escaped to the beautiful Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. It was a quaint little cottage which was cozy and beautifully decorated. Honestly I would have had a field-day just being able to choose the decor for the little home. Ah it was great. The weekend was full of books and food, company and fresh country air. I still wasn't able to go on the hikes everyone had been doing, due to my knee...but I was able to enjoy a few beautiful sunsets which I wish I had Hamish with me to photograph their beauty. And I became quite aquainted with the comfy sofa we moved into the kitchen for a cozy country home feel.
The following weekend I hopped on a plane and went to Napanee Ontario with Mum and we had a fabulous quick little visit with my Grandparents and my Uncle Doug. Time with them is always fulfilling and special. Since they live so far away, we only get to see them about once a year and that is NOT enough time spent with them. While visiting them, Mum and I were able to see their new home and get to live out a little of their weekly routine which was so nice. Do you know what I mean when you hear about peoples lives, and where they live, and what they do on a regular day, BUT until you are able to see and experience it for yourself---really it isn't a reality. Now I am able to picture where they live, picture where they are in the home when they are both talking to me on the phone at once (I love grandparents). I can see in my mind where they go walking each day, and where they drink coffee every Saturday at 2:00 before their walk. I love love love it.
It was a quick trip but oh so worth it. We had some good laughs, mostly revolving around my own faults and mishaps--but nevertheless it was a joy-filled weekend.
I will write more about the Christmas Holidays. But at this moment I must run and shower, then head off for a coffee date and then WORK. I will be working quite a bit over the holidays. Christmas at Pier 1 is quite a busy time of year--if not the busiest.
Well, thanks for reading my scattered thoughts today.
I hope you have a brilliant Christmas break!
-alli
No comments:
Post a Comment