This morning I sadly haven't even climbed out of bed yet! Tisk tisk I know. I don't have to work until noon today, so I'm just taking my jolly good time, and enjoying the comforts of my bed. I'm listening to Audrey Assad's song 'Love is Moving' on repeat and I am content.
I think this is one of those moments, one of those days where the stilled moments, the quiet lulls in time are completely enjoyable. The time has been moving by slowly, and I appreciate that one hundred percent. Today reminds me of this photo I took a few years ago. A dandelion seed, caught in a time-spell of it floating away from its fellow seeds, but still not completely gone yet. A still, but enjoyable moment. Today, a quiet, tranquil day moving on a slow paced clock; with no need to do anything quickly (maybe other than my fingers moving along this keyboard).--- I am sure that once I open my room door, and go downstairs, the pace of life will quicken and this stillness will be lost. So selfishly I will remain here for as long as I can. Enjoying the peace.
Let me tell you about an interaction I had yesterday at the gym: I was about to leave the gym and head off to a coffee date with Jenni when this guy said to me 'sweet brace!--it looks hot!'--I responded 'uh, thank you' ---he said 'its sexy, you should have gotten a HOT PINK brace, so it could match you!--HOT PINK!!'--I said again 'thank you, see you later'. I was about to leave when he said, 'Hope you get better soon!' and that was it. This guy was a highlight of my day. It wasn't an uncomfortable interaction at all, this guy had a mental disability and his helper was beside him. If it would have been anyone different I probably would have tried to bult away as quick as I could, but this guy was friendly and innocent. Ah the joys of conversations with strangers.
I hope you all have a quiet, tranquil day...or week. I hope that at some stage this week you are able to enjoy the stillness of time.
much love, a.
http://www.myspace.com/audreyassad
No comments:
Post a Comment