
It is raining; and it has been raining almost non-stop since Thursday, I am currently finding it hard to fucus on my work. It is raining. I am mesmerized by the constant therapeutic falling of raindrops outside the window I am currently sitting behind. Like I said, the rain started on Thursday, and now it is Monday and the rain is still very much with us here in Nova Scotia.
This rain, has renewed something important in my mind. Who knows what'll happen in a day, or even later on today for that matter. We dont have an invisible security cloak around us, guarding us from the bad happenings of this world we live in. We get wet in the rain, things happen to the people we love, or world gets rocked, demolished or shaken...so what then?
I feel as if a rain-walk is necessary. Being soaked to the bone brings a certain reality into check. Clarity. I feel like it is needed right now. This rain has brought joy, peace, but also sorrow and heartache. In Romans, Paul writes that 'all things work out for the good of those who love the Lord'. I just have to be reminded of this as I am sitting watching the rain today. If I have learned anything over this past year, it has been that even in the greyest days, there is still GOOD. God still is Good and Faithful. I have ben blessed. I have learned that the things which I happen to think are best for ME and MY life are not always what are best for me in the larger picture.
I find comfort in knowing that HE is still Faithful and Just, Unchanging, and Good. It is raining, I am being watered by the Spring of Life.
To quote my friend today 'It just gives you a perspective on what is really important in life'.
from a wet little feather.
a.
Hmmm. Good thoughts, Alli- I didn't know you had this blog. I like it:)
ReplyDelete><>love in Him, and always thankful to hear of your faithfulness to Christ, dee><>