Sunday, 1 November 2009

thoughts in the wind

Do you ever feel like taking your thoughts and tossing them into the wind? Letting them grow wings and fly across the seas, fields, hills, skies and let them be free? I think I'm going to go find a good gust of wind and blow my thoughts out into the whisps of wind, and let them dance away floating to a new found freedom.

Wisdom and wise words are things that I crave right now. Do you ever get that? When you just want to sit, and listen to peoples stories and thoughts about life and how things make sense in their eyes. I like words a lot, so I live for the moments when I can sit with a cup of tea in hand *yes I am a tea granny* and I can jump into the thoughts and lives of these wonderful words.

This past week I was incredibly blessed and encouraged by new found friendships I have made in the Heart of Scotland. Stirling. Due to a long backgrounded story which I will leave out of this blog, I was connected with beautiful people in Stirling. This past week, I experienced community and a heart which is what makes life make sense.

This past week I experience this conversation filled with wisdom which I am referring to. I stumbled upon a gold mine of wonderful people...three people actually inparticular and their names are Debbie, Morag and Hamish. Now it is a super long story as to how I actually came into contact with them. But to give you a breif background...Debbie is a friend of a friend of mine from home, and Hamish is her pastor at her church in Cornton (check out the link on the right--Cornton church).

This week, I spent quality time with all three of these beautiful individuals and man oh man was I blessed. I was able to share life to its fullest with these three and they were able to share their wisdom and wonderful words with me. I in a way stumbled upon these people but in a way I can see God's fingerprints all over the situation. They brought a new colour to life...and I will now always be encouraged and refreshed when I think about the time I spent with them.

So, after a week in their company...a week of many conversations and wisdom being shared and encouragement flowing like fresh air through our hearts I am craving more. Wisdom is refreshing and there is nothing like it.

this week, or even today! Take time and have a conversation with someone. Share life, and in doing that, wisdom and truth are able to touch the hearts and lives of those around you. (who knows what will come of it!--be honest be true, and share life.) I've been discovering more and more how we humans are created for community...and conversations and lives are meant to be shared.

a feather who has landed back on the Isle of Wight for a time of refreshment and fresh air....I'm going searching for that current in the wind.
-alli

'words are wonderful'-Hamish

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing young woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. you bless my life alli
    love you muchly,
    keltie

    ReplyDelete