Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Days go by...

...I can feel 'em flyin'Like a hand out the window in the wind.The cars go by...Yeah it's all we've been given,So you better start livin' right now'Cause days go by... My friends...this song the great Keith has written...really is honestly so true. Days are flying by me and I cant seem to find a button to slow them down.
Nadine and I were just talking, and it has been two months this friday that she has been here in England; and really, it feels like only weeks ago that she arrived! And it is October. Man alive, do i ever feel like i'm old these days. OK. You know when you were a kid...and days never seemed to come fast enough? Birthdays, Christmas...someones playdate, the weekend...it seemed like we were always waiting for days to come to us...but now, all I seem to do is look for where the days have gone! They are vanishing before my very eyes. Incredible. Days which I seem to wait for or look at in the 'furture' seem to spring out at me in surprise when I look at the callendar when I go to sleep, and the day which I was waiting for was infact...yesterday! (i'm rambling I know...but its mind-boggling)*anyone feel this too? anyone anyone?
SO today was a blustery day in the tullecombe woods. When I got up this morning, rolled out of bed and looked out my window...for one thing it was still dark, and two the rain was POUNDING down outside...and I just wanted to crawl back in bed, under my covers and wait until the sun came out. BUT nope. Duty calls. For some odd reason, Horses cant get themselves breakfast and out into the fields on their own...so I had to go do the honours. The morning was a bit slow due to horse lessons, and rain, and other errands I had to do...but I finally got my chores finshed, and I walked back to the house, drenched, saddle in hand, munching on a fresh apple off the tree (from our mini-orchard). Once I got inside the day seemed to brighten up a bit...not literally outside or anything, the rain was nasty. BUT I got to spend time with my little monkey-children.
Seriously, watching these two cheeky monkeys growing up infront of my eyes has been such a blessing to me. Months ago, when I first arrived they were 'helpless little beings'. And now they are so big! SO mature, and absolutely H I L A R I O U S. Olivia thinks she is the most helpful thing since super glue...and Chirstopher will be a famous tractor story-teller when he grows up. Seriously, they are SO funny. I came in and had lunch with them and Nadine today, and Olivia and I talked the whole time....Well...she talked...I laughed so hard, trying to follow her story-telling. Sometimes, when she thinks she's being such a grown-up, she starts talking in this voice, and using her hands, and it is SO funny. She always says 'I'll tell you what'...and 'Ok?' (in the tone you would use with a little baby) She wipes Christophers face if he spills anything on it...and is always the first person to ask her brother if he needs any help. Its great.
As the days keep flying by, the weather keeps getting a bit cooler and cooler as the days go on. One thing that I really miss from home while the weather is changing, is also the changing of colour for leaves. Here there is slight oranges and yellows...but there is not the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows which cover the Nova Scotian hills at home. Whenever I see a tree that is a slight shade off of green I get SO excited, and wish Hamish was by my side to snap the shot. But the sky is changing, the sun is in a autumn-position in the sky, the lighting is deffinately autumn, and it is beautiful.
Well, with the light changing, and the days getting shorter (light wise) I must say my goodnights to you all. I am rather tired, and my eyes keep slamming shut whenever there is a lull in my thoughts. SO I see that as my que to head out.
I hope all of your falls are going well, that you've been apple picking atleast once...and if not..GO it is fabulous! Fresh apples from the trees! And remember...an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. And make pumpkin pies and bundle in warm whoolies.
Peace, love, and apples to you all. 'Better start living right now', dont let your day come to an end, if you are on bad terms with anyone...time passes quicker than you think...its never to late to make ammends. Life is too short to hold grudges, or be angry....laugh sing, strum a guitar...watch the clouds dance and enjoy the silence of nature.
lots of love, from the land with wellies and chestnuts. -alligal.

3 comments:

  1. HI Gal,
    We have lots of color here. It was 3 C when I got up this AM. Julia and I went to the Valley yesterday and she took the truck while I did my clinic. You are starting to talk like I think...which my be scary to you but re-assuring and comforting to yer dear old Dad.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha "Man Alive", I think you're right, you are getting old. Kidding kidding, wonderful post, and don't worry, the leaves haven't all turned quite yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alli do you know what? Your little story actually made me cry really really hard. Seeing these pictures of Christopher and Olivia and realizing that theyve grown SO much since I left makes my heart ache. I dont know why but i feel terrible and i wish i could still be with you and the kids and EVERYONE.
    I hope you enjow the time you have with them and i hope ill read another great stories about you, Nadine and our twins.

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete