Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Goodbye september...

Hello friends and family! Can you believe that it is the end of September already? It feels like almost yesterday that I was preparing myself for the visit of my parents...and it has already been a week since they have left...AMAZING. It feels like the month of September has just flown by, and if you were to ask me what I did in September I probably would be able to tell you off the top of my head. BUT then I think about it, and I did SO MUCH!
The first few days of September were really busy, preparing myself and the house for the arrival of mum and dad. I had to do last minute clean-ups...you know, just to impress; and final touches on the stables for when I would be touring around with the 'rents...
On the Friday night before my parents arrived I had a semi-surprise visit from the McNabs...or a portion of the family. I gave them a little difficult/terrible directions to the house, so Christopher and Ms. Livs and I went out and stood out in the rain until the McNabs came to our gate...it was SO exciting to see them pull into our drive. It was great. Due to the closing of Zoom they had to come down to England to return home...so I hosted them here for a night, which was awesome and so great seeing people from home.
Then we surprised my dad with their existance in my home the next day when they arrived. It was great. I loved getting to show people I love from home my town, the places I get to see and talk about allllll the time. Letting them meet the family I live with here, and experience the giddy giggles, and cheeky comments of the twins was so special too.
Once the McNabs left it was just mum, dad and I...alone. For almost the first time in my life I was an 'only child' It was absolutely strange, not having Julia, Emily and Nathan to talk to whilst driving around touring around on vacation. But it was SO nice getting to see mum and dad. We got to go to so many beautiful places, castles, gardens, beaches...you name it we went there! It was fabulous!
At times mum and I got into a little mischeif whilst touring castles...we discovered that some of the rooms had the best acoustics ever. SO saying that, you can imagine what anyone would want to do in a situation like that. We sung at the TOP of our lungs, and ended up laughing sooo hard a lot of the time. Once we were even told by a fellow tourist that we may even end up being locked up in the building we were in if we continued the racket we were making...oops. We laughed SO hard over that though. It was great.
We also got to go to Dover and visit the beach there. It is where my grandfather was burried after he passed away a few decades ago, so we went and had a few quiet moments there looking over to France. It was quite humbling and monumental being there on that beach. But it was really nice too.
On our tours, the 'rents got a real piece of the English roads. I had told them before that the roads are absolutely tiny; and there is barely enough space for just one vehicle on it at once...but for the most part its a two way road...and at points I think we all almost died of heart failure of clasterphobia, but it was really good for laughs at the end of the day. Also driving on the other side of the road, and being on the 'wrong' side of the car didn't help all that much either, but I MUST say, I was very proud of the way mum and dad's driving skills improved by the end of the two weeks. I had survived near death experiences/heart attacks. SO it was allll good!
Now being the end of September, mum and dad have left...the autumn air has arrived and it is crisp and cool in the mornings and evenings. The sun looks and feels as if it is hitting cooler weather, and I am content.
The children are back at their kindergarden-school type things two and a half days a week which is nice for both them and us (Sarah, Nadine and myself). Christopher has even been invited to a friends house...ALONE! (I got choked up a bit when I heard how big he was getting). The twins are growing up in front of my eyes, and it is such a blessing to see. Really it is.
Well I must head off and eat some coconut yoghurt Nadine purchased for me in Petersfield today. I am feeling a tad under the weather today (as are the children) so I am going to get an early night sleep...if I dont read too late like usual. (I'm on my third book in three weeks...its nuts)
But i hope you are all well, and that your Septembers were eventful and full of blessings as mine was. I hope to hear from you all soon! And i shall try to write again before too long.
Blessings and love to you all!
-alli

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gally,
    I have a letter for you from lolita- I'm translating it tonight and will send it hopefully this week.

    Thanks for sharing your stories!
    besitos.
    julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like so long ago...but it was absolutely a "trip of a lifetime". Thanks so much for looking after us in so many ways.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete