So the autumn days are getting a bit cooler, and the mornings the sky is still dark when my alarm goes off...too early i think. But it is beautiful, and really peaceful to be the only one up in the home...everything is silent...and i can drink tea, look out over my valley and watch the sun peek up over the hills and tree tops. Even though my eyes are struggling to function, it is beautiful.
Now...honestly this is the reason why I wrote the blog today. Ladies and Gentlemen...please meet my Quad bike. Or, as people at home call it, my 4x4. This bike and I go on quite a few mini-adventures together every second day, to clean out the fields of horse 'droppings' (being pg rated) Or sometimes I have to pretend i'm a zambonie but instead of an ice rink...i have to go over the horse school (the paddack) to make it nice and smooth and presentable.
*The other day I was crossing the road from the fields back to the stables and our property...and I was about to cross the road, and POW! Debbie from church was right there in her car. Now no need to worry...there was no collison, But we both did stop our vehicles, get out and talk for a little while.
*THEN when I was putting the quad bike back into the garage another day I thought I was being all smooth...(you never are smooth when you think you are...i've come to understand) And I reversed right back into the tractor we use to cut the lawn. NOW dont get ahead of yourselves now. I am NOT a bad driver. I do this parking job every second day remember...BUT for some reason I undercalculated the width of my bike...and SNAP. I snapped a little metal bit off the tractor. (i felt sick to my stomach) I ran out asking the gardener for super glue...not that it would fix it...but it made the situation a wee bit less stressful.
*THEN I experienced my first ever 'road kill' with the quad bike. I was sitting crossed legged one day, doing my thing...making the school look smooth and beautiful...and CRUNCH. I hit a rat/mouse creature. I didnt realize until after when Sarah was impersonating it for me in the middle of the 'school'...But i hit it!
*THEN backtracking to Nadines first day, I took her out to do the fields with me...and I ran her into a rose bush...she still has scars today actually due to my clumsy awkward first moments with her on the bike....
Oh dear. Maybe you are all thinking G ET HER OFF THE FIELDS...But really those are just a handful of negative (but hilarious...after the thought) moments with me doing silly things with the quad bike. SO dont worry its all good...and its just good for a few laughs at the end of the day.
Oh how I love to laugh sometimes...even if it is at my own expense.
I hope you all can reach that point in life aswell...where no matter what you can laugh at your mistakes and go on with life with a good story to entertain people with.
I send you heaps and heaps of love from across the sea...or to your other lands where ever you are today.
I hope you are all chasing leaves, and dancing in the morning sunshine.
-from a girl who loves tea and sweaters...
alli.
ps. What does it mean if you show up to church on sunday and you are wearing the SAME sweater as a grandmother figure in the congregation...NOT saying that happened to me last sunday at all.............?
Oh my GOODness you make me laugh you insane driver. That poor rat never had a chance up against you
ReplyDelete