Friday, 6 September 2013

Elsie

Meet Elsie. She is a mini schnauzer and she is wonderful. She is our newest family member and I love love love her.

She was born at the end of june so she is still just a wee little thing. However her personality is large enough to last her a lifetime.

Elsie is a smart little cookie. This week I've taken it on myself to start teaching her some tricks and some life skills. So a few things she has learned this week is to come, sit, and lay down. She is best at sitting, and coming...however laying down is still in progress. My hands are slightly bruised and torn to bits from her sharp little teeth...polysporin is my friend this week...but it is a work in progress!

I do keep telling her that if she keeps biting people, she wont have any friends...that hasn't sunken in yet, but I'm sure it will. She will want to have friends...and I want to keep my hands and feet intact.

Elsie has not yet discovered what begging for food is which is awesome. AND she doesn't bark at people when they enter our house, which is so nice, since our home has a revolving door of people coming and going all day long. She does however use her voice when she is surprised by something, or if she meets other dogs. She puts on this fierce exterior which is quite entertaining because she weighs about 6 pounds (if that).

anyway. this is my girl and I'm a fan of her (most of the time).

I'm sure you'll hear more about her in the months weeks and years to come.

a.


No comments:

Post a Comment