Tuesday, 2 July 2013

sun+sand+kiddos=camp time!

Jessie dancing in the sunshine
 It is that time of year again! The sun is out, the water is warm, the mosquitoes are multiplying...it is camp time once again!
Kate and I 
 Its been a few weeks now since I set foot on Malagash soil for the summer. I spent a week up here on the North Shore, on my own, preparing and planning for the summer ahead. I am the Summer Staff Leader, or 'staff coordinator' for the second time around, and I'm pretty excited about it. This year I feel as if I have more of a grounding of what I am supposed to be doing in this specific position. Last year was a summer of learning the ropes, and floundering through the summer, only getting into the swing of things in the final weeks of camp. BUT this summer, I feel more prepared, more ready for what the summer may throw at me.

I say that now, and watch the summer throw some curve balls at me...however, as of this moment, I'm feeling ready for the summer.
Peeking blue 
 I am excited to see how the summer pans out...what conversations will take place, what children will stand out, what events that will happen that make me melt, laugh, cry and simply stop and savour....I'm excited to see how God will use me. I'm excited to see how God will work through the staff, I'm just excited to see what will happen. This summer is a blank slate, fresh and ready to be painted upon, through the lives of those living out and loving those around them here on the Malagash shores.
distant sun

a little bit of sunset love
  oh...and Im excited for many other sunsets such as the ones you see here, and sunrises while runningalong the shore. I am just excited for this year....and I hope to have many stores to share in the months to come as well. 

Until then. Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment