Thursday, 5 July 2012

my summer.

As many of you know, I have the honour and the privilege of being the 2012 staff leader at Malagash y Bible camp. And as probably many of you know, life at camp is NON-stop from June-August. However, I have a full mind at the moment, and am trying to get a few final things ready for camp for tomorrow morning...so I am procrastinating and I decided to post some photos of my summer (pre camp) thus far.
I lived at camp for a few weeks from the beginning of June on my own (down a lane from the camp onsite-admin people) but my being here at camp required an evening stroll to the beach for sunset. One night I had company from the camp family, and the other nights it was just me, and the sunset...and my lovely beach treasures.
 Over the years I have collected so many pieces of sea-glass and shells, that I have decided to go with a theme this year. I am only picking up blue pieces of sea-glass, and little yellow shells (with the exception of beautiful pieces of pottery and sweet jagged broken mini shells).

  With the warmer weather earlier in the season, we were lucky to get our jumbo-jellies *jelly fish earlier than normal....I found a few over sized jellies on the beach, with their stingers all ready for the attack. Luckily though, our campers only are arriving now, so hopefully the jellies will be gone earlier so that our campers can avoid experiencing the sting of the purple jelly creatures.
 Here is a little snippet of the lovely colours I have collected over the past few beach walks *and please note that the hand-ful that you see there is from one walk alone!!! It was amazing.

Until I find another moment. I hope you enjoy my blue brown and yellow. I hope you find something small and beautiful to appreciate today.

a little feather at camp.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alli! I love your handful of beach treasures! They are beautiful!
    Lot of love from the Wolfe Family in North Bay.

    ReplyDelete