Thursday, 2 August 2012

Summer Sunsets

 Tonight I felt like sharing with you all a few tasty treats for your eyes...I have had the privilege of being able to run down to the seaside and devour a few amazing sunsets this summer. Since I have no cabin to attend to, when I see the sky painted like a perfect picture, I grab my handy Hamish, and RUN down to the sandy shores to photograph what I can of the outstanding colourful skies, as the sun sets.
 Now, I know that these photos do not do the actual image which is permanently engraved in my memory, however Hamish and I do what we can so that you are able to appreciate the photos as well. I LOVE how each sunset is so unique. At times there are similar colours, and I know a Malagash sunset apart from a sunset anywhere else in the world....however there are still so many unique treasures to add to each sunset.
 Cotton candy skies have been quite common this summer. The sky fills with pastel colours, varying from gentle lush pinks, purples and blues, to the extravagant reds and outstanding golds which you see in these photos.
 One night, I was rushed out of the chapel, following someone who felt like they were going to be sick, and as I chatted with them for a few minutes we looked out to the sea, and saw a storm out at sea and over PEI. As she went to rest, I ran down to the shore to watch the storm across the horizon. It was INCREDIBLE. I don't fully know how to describe it to you, other than there were walls of rain the whole way across the ocean, with patches of clear sky. The walls of rain were all moving quickly in my direction. I stood there, waiting for the rain to reach me.
I felt so small, so humble as I watched the storm surround me. As I looked around, I saw the remnants of a rainbow which was landing on the chapel where the whole camp was sitting, still participating in the chapel session. It was so sweet. Knowing that over a hundred people were sitting in the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, in the midst of a raging storm...they were all safe and sound within the small walls of our little chapel.

I have felt blessed and lavished in love while being able to participate in the absorption of beauty as I have stood on the sandy northern Nova Scotian shores.

I hope you are able to chase a storm, or sit and absorb the beauty of a sunset at some point this summer. A summer is not complete without a handful of amazing sunset views.

a.

No comments:

Post a Comment