Tuesday, 5 June 2012

friends from afar.

 It has been such a long time since I have written on my blog...sorry everybody. However life has been a little bit on the busy side recently. Well...I guess for the past month and a bit. Since the beginning of May, the Churchill household has been a revolving door to friends and family.
 I had a very special visitor come for a few weeks, my old high school mate Nelson. He and his lovely lady came to town for his sisters wedding, and we had the privilege to host them for a few weeks while they were here. It had been since July 2009 that we had seen each other last. So having Nelly around was such a treat.

Has anyone ever asked you the question: "if you could see ANYONE walk around the corner right now, who would it be?" Well, for the past few years my answer has always been Nelson, and having him here just was so great. There is nothing like seeing an old friend after ages apart and just being able to fall back into step like there was no time spent apart at all. Silence can be comfortable, words are savoured and community can be shared. Life is good.
 I think it is the month for special guests. Because literally the day that Nelson and his lady Shelbi were dropped off at the airport, my dear old girl from my time in the UK, Caro came flying in from Germany, which again was such a treat.  It has also been two and a half years since I was last with Caro. Like my time with Nelson, we haven't missed a step in our friendship whatsoever.


Life with Caro is sweet. She has been staying with us for the past three and a half weeks and she has a week and a half more and honestly, she is a part of the family. It feels as if she has been here for ever. Which is so nice. We have been doing the touristy things around Nova Scotia. We even skipped on over to PEI for a visit as well. Since reuniting with Caro, we have discovered how similar our minds are, which at times is quite scary how we both think of the same 'random' things at the same time. Or how we don't have to verbally communicate to get a task completed, due to our excellent team-working abilities from four years ago when we were living at Tullecombe together. It has been special, and so so sweet.
 (this photo just had to be added in...because I have a thing for dandelions right now, and this colour blue)

Amongst the craziness of Nel, Shelbi, and Caro, Mum turned the big Five-O (50) so during that time her older brother Doug came and stayed with us, as well as Julia and her man Dave from the island. It was sweet having everyone together once again. The house was bursting at the seams, however it was wonderful to have everyone so close.
 (side note: I have to say that I love how well people fit into life with my family so easily. I don't know if it is the fact that we have had so many different people walk in and out of our doors over the years so having people join life along side us is just the norm...who knows; regardless, I like it.)
I am looking forward to see what our final days will look like before Caro heads off to Europe again, and I settle into the camp life once again. Hopefully it wont be too long until I write again. But I thought I would post a few photos for you all...to let you know that YES I am still alive. And I am savouring the moments I have been blessed with, with the visitors from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment