Thursday, 6 October 2011

Today is a strange day weather-wise. I have seen sun, rain, ice pellets, and simply just clouds. I have the feeling Nova Scotian weather doesn't know what to do with its self. It hasn't fully decided if it wants to follow history's trend and become cooler now that it is fall, but at the same time I think it is struggling with the fact that it doesn't want summer to end.... Ok maybe I am putting my own thoughts into what the weather is doing...but it just makes it seem less difficult to cope with cooler weather, if I think the weather is having the same issues.

I am finished my day of classes for Thanksgiving weekend and I am THANKFUL to be finished for sure. I don't have classes again until Tuesday and that just seems so wonderful to me. I have the feeling that a cold is coming on, so I am enjoying the quiet of the afternoon and am trying to chill out a bit before I have to go to work this evening.
It is funny though, how even in such a short time (like our summer months) we get so used to the warmth of the sun, that when I see it right now, I feel as if I should be hot...but I'm not! Every time I see the sun peek out from behind the clouds I am expecting to have to peel off a few layers of sweaters but really, I can only JUST feel the warmth of the sun now when I see it. (as I say this apparently we are supposed to have a really warm weekend) But right now it is below 10 degrees celsius and for me...that is cold. I may even resort to putting on a fire in a little bit if I feel too chilly.
Even though I am sad about the summer coming to a close. (yes I still haven't let my grasp on it fully go yet) Here are a few things which I am excited about for the autumn months:
Fresh Valley Apples
Pumpkin Pie
Red Leaves
Apple Picking
An extra hour of sleep...(time change)
Wool Socks (in my sandals)
Autumn walks (with Hamish and Jessie)
Warm beverages *hot apple cider from the Halifax Market
(I am realizing a lot of my items have to do with apples...)
Our wood stove
Thanksgiving (Emily coming home)
Julia and Dave coming to visit
'Coffee dates' with people at local cafes
and so much more.

What are you excited about for this autumn?

I hope you all are able to bundle up in something warm today, with a good book and enjoy the autumn weather. Even if it is crazy like it is here today, I'm enjoying it from a cozy home.

*photos are from our garden this past week. I thought reds and oranges and spiders would be festive for the autumn season.
-a.

1 comment: