Thursday, 20 October 2011

It is raining. It is pouring. It is wet. But....I am dry!
Today is the wettest it has been all autumn for sure! The raindrops seem to be falling at an alarming rate, and they are the size of peas. It is the type of rain that no matter how much time one spends outdoors, the individual would be soaked instantly.
For some reason I love rainy days. I love being able to sit inside a rain-streaked window, warm and cozy with a warm drink, and a book (today I am finishing Little Women for one of my classes) and feeling dry.

I am sitting in a large window at the library at my school. I chose this seat with the intention to read...but also to have the best seat to people watch passer-byers in the rain. Oh I am entertained. There are a few different types of people on rainy days like today. There are the people who cannot accept the fact that they are getting soaked--so they RUN, like ROADRUNNER running. It is so funny. They are already soaked, but they just run anyway to get out of the rain. And I love seeing the panicked waterlogged individuals sprinting from point A to point B. Then, there are the people who have resigned themselves to the fact that they are wet; they are soaked, there is no turning back--they are just utterly a puddle with legs. They also entertain me, because on some of these puddles, there is a line of wetness. Ah I love rainy days.

I will stay and observe for a little while longer before I have to go to class. But until then I will remain quite contented in my seat in this great window.
(I sit and watch people now...but I know that in a matter of hours I will be that wet puddle with legs myself, walking in rain waiting for my bus home....I'll just enjoy the dry while I can)

Please check out this lovely couple who I had the opportunity to see when I was in NJ this past weekend visiting a friend. They have been on constant replay on my computer over the past few days. They are just so refreshing and so good!

I must go finish reading my book. Enjoy the rain, enjoy the sweet tunes of Jenny & Tyler.
peace.
alli.

No comments:

Post a Comment