Wednesday, 14 September 2011

what came after...

Hello blogging world, this has been officially a terrible posting year for me. I really have not been one to write much over the past few months and for those of you who really only hear about my life over this site...I am so so sorry. I have been enjoying life away from the computer; for me its been great, but I guess in order for you to stay interested in my life--it has been a bit of a bore. SO I do apologize.
For those of you who knew, I spent the past the past two and a half months working at Malagash Bible Camp again this summer. It has been three years now that I have been hired on as a full-time staff member there (or a full time cabin leader). It is a beautiful place on the ocean and it is always jam-packed with the best people every week. I was definitely blessed beyond compare this summer with the people who flowed in and out of my cabins each week. I had my fare-share of tough campers, but honestly it was the best summer I have had in...well...maybe....FOREVER. Honestly it was incredible. I am still trying to process through the whole summer.
In some ways the summer flew by and I have no idea where it went...but in other ways, so much happened in the span of 9 weeks, that I cannot believe it has ONLY been two months that have passed. I'll be processing for a while I do believe.
I don't know where a lot of you stand in your ideas of faith, or whether there is a God or not, but for me, God is real, and He is personal. He is the reason we all exist and move and love and live. He is love, and He is life. This summer, I had the opportunity to experience God in an incredible NEW way which I was blown away by. I know that you all have heard about prayer, but maybe not all of you DO pray...and I suppose that is okay, but if you haven't ever really thought anything of it...I DARE YOU to try it out. This summer I experienced prayer in a new radical way. I began the summer with praying very specific things for specific people, and for God to really care about the specifics which I was talking to Him about. In doing that, my mind was completely blown away. Never in my life have I been able to see the Hand of God move through peoples lives like I saw this past summer. It seemed that everything that I was praying for, specifically for people in their lives, God was answering one way or another...and not subtly, but in 'broad daylight' ways. It was not 'just a coincidance' but really God showing His Majesty and His Greatness, and His Compassion to His children in simply answering our requests. Sigh, when I say all this now, I feel as if I am not doing 'it all' justice. It was amazing. Honestly, amazing. If you would like to know more about the specifics of what I am talking about (the answered prayers) I could give you a long list about them, honestly, I don't even know if I can recount them all....but man, was I blessed.
The summer ended and my mind was blown. I was FULL. I couldn't handle anything else. I was emotionally, spiritually, mentally FULL but physically exhausted...in the best way possible. I had run the race, I had given it my ALL and I was able to stop at the end of the 'finish line' and look back over the summer and say, man, that was incredible. Winded and spent, it as worth every second of it.
After camp ended, I had the opportunity to drive Emily (my younger sister) over to NewFoundLand for university, which was sweet to be able to do that with her. I loved being able to go and see where she will be spending the next four years of her life, sigh that seems like a long time.... I am a very visual person, and being able to see her new city, and see her uni, and see her dorm room, and see the place where she will be eating her meals...seeing it all was so important to me! It seems like such a small thing, but really it is important to me to be able to visualize her life over there. In a way, I can picture what she is doing, or where she is going, and it makes her seem not so far away.

As I pulled away from her residence with my parents as we were heading back home, the reality of it all struck me. Summer was over, Emily was going to be away for a while, it is just Nate and I at home now, and school was starting in two days...the summercamp bubble which I had been living in for the past two months had popped, and reality was crashing in at a very quickening pace, and I would have to readjust to this new life (which I am still trying to figure out).

So for now, I am trying to fit back into this student-style-lifestyle, and living life to the best of my ability in the present...while still trying to process everything that has happened in the past few months, and weeks, and days at the same time.

It is sunny outside, 23.2 degrees, and I am going to go enjoy a little bit of the summer sun that hasn't left us completely yet, and I am going to rest my mind and savour the sun.
I hope to write more...but until then...go and enjoy the remnants of the warm weather before wool socks and wood stoves are a part of our daily life.

*note: all of the photos posted today (except for the coffee photo) were from our NFLD adventure.

a slightly settled feather.
alli.

No comments:

Post a Comment