Saturday, 17 September 2011

my summer crew...spiffed up.

I know what you are thinking...TWO POSTS IN ONE WEEK! Well I have been in a little bit of camp withdrawal this week, so I thought I would share a few photos of the people I got to spend every day for nine weeks along side.
Every summer, one one night in particular the FFATS (staff backwards) get all dolled up and spiffy, all clean and tidy (which is a nice change from our every day camp ruggedness) and we go take photos and have a nice dinner.
This year we chose a sweet location of a local farm which has been abandoned years ago, but is still kept up in nice condition by the community of Tatamagouche. Every time we passed the little farm on our way into town each weekend I would let my eyes linger on the sweet old white country home...and I would day dream.... So as a staff we decided that would be our photographing location for summer 2011.
This photo which was beautifully self-timed by the wonderful Kate Bustin's camera is one of my favourites of the staff. I love the colours of it, and each and every person in the photo.

*Arthur, Kate, Matt, Keltie, Mark, Jisca, Johnny, Melody, Pelham and myself. * Our wonderful little summer family.

I love love loved the community which was built amongst the ten of us this summer. I like to think of it as a little taste of Heaven. There is something about the bond which is built within a community in the confines of camp within a summer which is refreshing and unlike anything anywhere else in the world. We all get to experience life together to the fullest possible capacity....and it was wonderful.

Sigh. I miss these faces like crazy, but I look at these photos and can't help but grin in remembering my times with them all.

Are you able to look back to a certain time spent in a place, or with a certain group of people where you have feelings of utter contentment? I would love to hear them. Times like that are rare but so worthwhile. It wouldn't hurt to let your mind go back to those joyful moments and be filled up with those special memories that cannot be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment