Monday, 16 March 2009

Mondays...


Well, today is another beautiful spring day in Halifax! This past week we have been fully blessed with the sunshine! It has realized how much we 'maritimers' have been craving its warm existence, so it has granted our wishes (even if just on a small scale) its warmth on our faces!

Yesterday I was out in Fall River for lunch and my sisters had a meeting after lunch, so I brought some writing material and reading material and went outside and sat in the sunshine with a cup of tea by my side...and glory be it was beautiful! I couldn't believe that in March (in Nova Scotia) I could be sitting outside and just absorbing the warmth even inside me!! It was a freckle sun! One that kisses your face and shows it was with you!

I think it is funny how now that I'm back in the city working in retail and taking care of little mini-children, I still find myself missing the country side at times. I miss the physical labor of working in the stables! ... I miss the fresh open country air...I miss the GREEN around me all the time...I miss the horse stink... I miss my little English children who pronounce my name 'allay'.
Its funny though, because when I was out in the fresh air doing my stable chores I guess I took it for granted! Yes sometimes I was exhausted and was like ahhhh why are there SO many horses here! But now that I haven't been doing the physical things in the beautiful fresh air I crave it! I found this picture today of one of my last days in England which my lovely Marzipan took, and I was like OOOH I would love to muck stables right now! (wierd i know) But it just made me feel sooo full and refreshed and healthy when I finally put my fork down and swept the yard.

the great out doors.


Now, I've said how much I miss things in the UK...but let me say how much I love the things around me here at home. I love coming home to a full house of people! I love how at night times after dinner I'm always the last to get up from the table...I love being only a few minutes away from the sea!!!...I love how my family just hangs out on our sofas and play Trivia games... I love the familiar things around my home... I love when people just drop in and hang out at my home...I love the funny quirks my family has... I love walking around the city and seeing people I know... I love the friends I have at the Sunday suppers... I love how excited I got when i saw my first crocus flower... I love how I dont have to be on the computer all the time to talk to my family (sorry to those though who aren't around me...i know i'm lacking in my blogging) ...I just love.

yeah. I love.

I think I'm going to go brake open a new novel and start to read out in the sunshine... I'll collect the warmth in which I have been craving from the sun for months and enjoy every moment of it! I apologize for not writing at all in the past few months..the time has just flown by. But I will try to write more often!

Until next time. peace, love and sunny kisses to you all!
-alligal

3 comments:

  1. I love having you home!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs and kisses and pinchie bugs!!!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I know exactly what you mean although I also miss your hugs at night that I've had in England! I hope you can still enjoy the sunshine and watch the clouds!
    Love and miss you!!!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You miss everything green? Does that include green SHIRT? hahaha.
    I promise to enjoy the green for you while im here and ill take a deeeeep breath of english country air and ill think of you and send it to you :)

    ReplyDelete