Monday, 23 March 2009

just around the corner...


Well, this past weekend my family and I all went up to Yarmouth Nova Scotia to celebrate my grammie's 80th birthday! It was actually one of the best visits we have had in a long time! Everyone was chilled out, the mood was contentment and everyone was just...happy!

Since it was my grandmothers birthday, we went out for dinner on Saturday night to a place called Rudders. It is a great pub-style restaurant which served amazing food! Everyone ate so much that our stomachs stretched major time! But the whole evening was beautiful! We were up in the attic-room of this pub right on the water. SO we could watch the sun setting from the table (beautiful). The whole evening was simple and quiet but I think its something we all are going to remember for a while to come.

Grammie was so happy that we had all come and she kept telling us how nice it was that we all came, and how much it meant to her that we were there. (which made it all worthwile) Grammie was also the happiest she had seemed in a while. She was telling us stories and the girlie gossip around her area. But the stories were great. It was a time of remenissing I think....she told us stories of when Grampie Aaron and her would have adventures in Europe after the war, or what he was like when he hadn't seen the ocean for a long time. (I now know where I got my deep passion for the sea---my grandfather) I loved the stories though. Sometimes when we visit her we just overwhelm her (no kidding we're 6 times the amount of noise, and bodies in her small flat compared to her normal life...just herself), but for some reason she was so happy this time! Maybe it was the fact that we were staying in a hotel this time around, but still...it was so nice!

Well, as you can see there were flowers in bloom on our little trip to Yarmouth. (photo taken by dad) Julia and I decided to kiss the pettals of these beautiful crocus's! It actually is something our pastor Mark Harris does every spring when he see's flowers for the first time, he kisses them to welcome spring. So Julia and I bent down and welcomed spring and these purple beauties!

Seeing those flowers in bloom it just made me SO excited for the summer. Like a old Frog and Toad book I used to read...I have been waiting for the spring to come just hoping that the buds would start popping, the snow disappear and the flowers to bloom...and now, finally monthsn later it is time! Flowers are blooming and spring is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. kissing the petals, eh? at first glance, i thought you were eating them. so i was going to recommend that you don't try to eat everything that comes up from the ground, some pretty little plants can give you quite a stomachache! (i may or may not know that from experience...) also, it is generally wise to avoid eating the ones your dog makes a habit of returning to. xx -fi ;0) p.s. happy spring!!! i am heading over to the mainland for a cherry blossom festival this weekend... really wish i could take you girls with me! miss you, my preciousssss...

    ReplyDelete