I love stories. I do, Honestly I love stories. I could sit for hours just to immerse myself in another lives...the voices and minds of other people. For some reason being able to hide away in another life or the commotion of another place is so relaxing and so simply beautiful to me. I don't know if it is more about just hiding from reality and becoming part of a story of another time. For some reason it is so easy! I become close with the characters and the struggles, joyous moments, the secrets of these 'friends' I have found in the stories and it takes me away! I never like finishing a novel because it means the time 'spent' being along side these characters is over and I have to return to reality. Even though sometimes reality is so much better than the situations of these characters, I dislike closing the final page of the novel.
Reading novels I seem to disappear for even a few hours in a story line of new people, new places, different situations than that of my own; and I love it.
I love my life and the people in my life like so many of you already know. But for some reason sometimes becoming a character in a novel seems so much easier at times. Do you know what I mean? Even though sometimes the plot of the stories are so messed up and the characters are messed up and distressed, there is an ending! There is a climax, falling action, and a resolution. There is a point in the story where everything comes together and makes sense...people get the answers they have been waiting for, even through the chaos. Sometimes I guess I wish I could flip to the end and see (in my life) where everything seems to fit and make sense--answers given.
Slipping away out of reality immersed in stories of other places other lives...is easy. But at the same time...I realize we all create our own stories...we each have stories to tell...finding a penny on the side walk is a story...thinking of where that one single small penny which is so easy to loose or drop is FILLED with stories of places its been...hands it has been passed through, lives it has impacted even in its small worth. If only it could speak. Walking along the sand on a beach. Nodding at a stranger on the street... We create our own stories... just the FINAL ending is unknown to us.
I will still float from page to page in a novel, but I have to remind myself to appreciate the real story which I am living right now..face reality and live it the best I can. Yes I can live vicariously through the characters in a novel, but there comes a point where I have to face the real wind blowing in through the window, walk in the fresh air and be the lead character of my own life novel.
love ur pictures friend.
ReplyDelete