Thirteen years come and gone. Poof. Time has attached its self to a ticking time bomb and has flown past, with me just sitting rather confused waving it past. I Alli Churchill am a high school graduate. I somehow passed school, and am now 'all growed up'...or so my mum says.I cannot believe how fast these past few weeks home has been. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting in the airport ready to load onto my plane...but having gone through graduation, prom...half of my time in Hali already...insanity i tell you! But let me tell you, its been fabulous!
About a week and a half ago I had my prom...yeah its the night girls wait for all high school to go to...To pick out their dresses and to feel like a princess. And to be honest, the thing i was most excited about, was to see everyone whom i've missed out on for the past four months. I really didn't care about getting all dressed up (yeah its nice...but its just prom) but i did love getting to hang out with people. But I shall tell you about it anyways i suppose.I went to prom with one of my best friends and great buddies Matt Bustin (sorry matt there's so many pictures) But it was a great time. He was a complete gentle man the whole evening and it was just good going with a good friend. No pressure to be entertained the whole evening or vice versa. It was quite lovely. I actually even wore makeup for the first time in my life that night! I could even see my own eye lashes due to extra long lashes and mascara, it was rather confusing for a while but i got used to it.
The night went on a little late...and I ended up falling asleep in one of the chairs, but I enjoyed myself. Later on that morning, a group of pretty awesome individuals and myself went to a tea room for breakfast at five am. And just enjoyed each others tired exhausted company. It was great.
Graduation came and went...no one tripped on the steps, there weren't HUGE tears but it was really a nice closing to our chapter of school. I loved it though, people who I have never met, people who I have crossed paths with, people I've known for ages upon ages, all together in one ceremony...crossing the path from young people who have no need for a direction in life...all moving in the same terrifying direction towards 'adulthood'...it was neat and beautiful. I really enjoyed it.
Following the 'school ceremonies' a few of my friends and myself got together at a beach, and had our own final moments together before we had to separate in the world...It was beautiful. Beside the ocean, sitting in the beautiful white sanded shores, with waves as our constant lulling melody in the background, yearbooks open in laps with final words, laughter, sunsets, wrestling (coff kabi) guitars, camp fire...ahh it was such a good last page to a chapter of school. I enjoyed every minute of it. I have seriously been blessed with great friends and beautiful lives these past few years in high school, and i cannot think of a better way of celebrating graduation, the end of school than hanging out with these people and absorbing the last bits of their company before we all disperse globally to wherever our lives and education, or the wind in a few cases is taking us. I loved it.
I took some time when at the beach to just go sit by the waves (which i have missed so much for the past four months) and just breathe in reality. But of course day dream about where life's tide will carry me in these next few years. I went and sat out on these huge rocks near the shore, and watched everyone I love just loving their lives running around the shore, and it made me think how honestly blessed in life I am. Life is beautiful folks.There is something beautiful about just being at peace with life. I know for some people there is a huge rush on finding out what you are supposed to 'do' or who you are supposed to 'be'. But I was talking with a very wise person today...and we were completely at peace with the thought of there not having to be life's answer at your feet as to where life will take you right NOW. I am truly content and happy to just live in the moment...not in the 'silly way like not having any plan'...but my plan is to follow the path which Jesus will pave for me in HIS time...for some of you that maybe make absolutely no sense...but hey...I understand it completely and it makes me happier than anything else. My life doesn't have a plan...I am free and I will go where I feel is best, or needed for the time being. And for now...my place where my heart is to be rooted is in a beautiful home in the country side of England with two beautiful children and I am completely content with that.
Well...as my final era of high school...and school for the time being has come to a close, I am content and full of peace and joy with where life and Christ has placed me. I am in love with life...and my hope and prayer for all of you today is that you find something you can put your heart and soul into...and be completely content and joyful in it.
blessings and peace to you all.
-alli the girl with no ties.
hey tie-less
ReplyDeleteI miss you and am really glad that you're coming up here for the night tomorrow!
Alli that made me laugh and cry, I miss you already my friend, keep being in love with life
ReplyDelete