Saturday, 21 June 2008

taking a little breather...

Relaxation? Quiet? Peace? Rest? Long sleeps? What the heck are those? I get to have a little holiday? Amazing! Lucky me!!
As you can guess, the past month for me has been absolutely insanity. Nappies, stables, exam studying...I have had absolutely no time for anything but work, and studying and then at the end of the day sleeeeeeep...then starting it all over the next day. It has been a lot of hard long days, but it is so rewarding at the same time.
Being able to see Christopher and Olivia growing in front of my own eyes.. since I had so much on my plate they had to help me out with odd jobs around the house more, and just learn a little responsibility (as much as one can at age three) but it was amazing to see the change.
Remember how I had mentioned in previous posts that the twins were quite naughty in their cots...ripping the sheets off, screaming, just being plain-ol' destructive; well they have stopped! The things I finally told them about screaming, sheets and what have you have finally stuck in their minds! They have learned that if they pull sheets off their beds, they are not getting out until they put them back on and are ready to be good children..it sounds harsh, but they learned the lesson...Now they sit quietly in their beds, reading books or in Christopher's case, he sings quietly to himself. (a new found passion in his case: Singing about everything!-I love it)
They would even help me with the dishwasher; removing and putting dishes away, (their plastic ones of course) or putting their dishes in the washer when they were finished...Or when it was study crunch time, I would just sit and study and they could go explore...they learned how to climb trees from a new found kiwi friend of theirs, which I found so exciting! They just grew up SO much! It was beautiful and incredible to see and be a part of! They even are doing So well with toilet training! Miss Livs tells me all the time when she needs to be quickly rushed to a toilet, and she loves it!
Then, in the second week of June, Caro returned to me and the children at Tullecombe. Her holiday back to Germany came to an end, and she came back to 'our home'. It was SO nice seeing her face again! Apparently she came in to my room when she returned, and we had a lovely couple of hours catching up, and we even had a midnight feast...but my brain must have been a little tired for all of that...and i only remember waking up with her home. But her company was greatly appreciated after a busy three weeks without her. She was so surprised how much the twins had advanced in her absence. It was soo nice having her home though. A few days after Carolin arrived, a new help to Caro and I arrived from Sweden named Cecelia. She is lovely and really funny and I think she will add quite a bit of character to life and work in the home.
One day last week I got to have the day off, and go to the beach. It was soo nice to have a quiet and relaxing day. Debbie picked me up and drove me to the beach for the day and it was greatly appreciated. There was amazing beyond amazing clouds that day, they were pilled high in the sky, in beautiful mountainous shapes..so awing and eye catching. The weather kept changing whilst i was on the beach, from rain to sun to rain again, or to huge amazing clouds...but it was fabulous. I loved just sitting on a beach hut step, watching people, reading, writing, breathing in the fresh sea air, and just loving the tranquility. It was lovely. A nice end to a absolutely busy month.
This week has been really busy for me as well... monday we had to move 5 horses back to our home because their time up at Hill Ash was finished. (i was soo relieved) but it was such a busy move...Because the day later I was returning back to Canada!! (SURPRISE I AM HOME) So everything had to be completed and finished up at the other farm, and the stables and fields had to be ready for their return to Tullecombe. Let me say, I was absolutely shattered, but it was very nice to wake up tuesday and have the horses back home.
Tuesday I flew back to Halifax, leaving my 'home' for the past four months (18 weeks) to come back to my home home to see my family and graduate high school. It was soo exciting to get onto the plane to return home, since i have been anxious to return for a little while now, but then leaving Christopher and Olivia back in England was tough as well. It is strange coming home though, and not having any responsibility...not being called in the middle of the night by an upset Olivia, or have Christopher's snot wiped all over my shirt... But I just have to enjoy the peace as it lasts, because once I return to England, it'll be busy allll over again.
Well, there is a tad update on what has been happening in the past few weeks...the growth of the twins, it has been so rewarding! Life has been exciting and eventful and I really feel as if it is where I am supposed to put my energy and heart right now, which is a really good feeling.
Life is exciting and always changing, people coming and going, but there is always a reason for everything, and lessons to be learned. I hope that you all are opening your hearts to the whisper of the wind to see where life will take you, and its beautiful secrets that you are to learn!
From a content girl who is on holiday, and who has returned to her home across the sea....
have a beautiful day and look at the clouds absorb their beauty.
-alli



1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home Alli,and Julia
    Looking forward to seeing you and Julia soon, and hearing all about your "adventures", Both of you.
    Flint

    ReplyDelete