Saturday, 31 May 2008

life in my buttecup

Well, since I haven't updated you in on my life as of the past three(?) weeks.
Deep breath. and now i am ready to start. Hiya everyone! Well, hello. My name is alli churchill and i am head aupair and groom in the home of Tullecombe. Kinda crazy huh? As previously mentioned, life here has had a little (huge) turn of events and at the moment I am the only 'hired' help working here in the home. So life for Sarah and I is a little...CRAZY but we're handling it. I sleep much better at night right now, since when my head hits the pillow its konked out until my annoying little alarm buzzer goes off in the morning.
But something that was extremely amazing and wonderful which happened in this past little while was an amazing beyond amazing friend Keltie Davidson came and suprised me here, yes here, in England! I was completely and utterly suprised by her appearance on my doorstep, I completely flipped out! It was amazing! I went and answered our door bell and WAMO there was Keltie, standing with a backpack at my door. OH it was the best keltie suprise absolutely ever!
I absolutely loved the company of Keltie! It was so great!! I just have to say i love her! When she entered into my home here, she didnt just come as a guest... She gave her whole self to 'my life' here. She mucked into the stables with me and helped with the twins!!! Her heart is so generous and humble. Never have i met such a quietly humble person. I constantly was amazed by her attitude whilst living out and helping me out with my work!
We had absolutely exhausting days, which ended in complete giddy laughter and me ending up on my back on the floor laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face, BUT it was fabulous having her around! And the twins loved her as well! Christopher keeps telling me even today that he likes Keltie and she's his friend. Which was quite nice. Keltie spent 12 days here helping me out, keeping me company and just being an awesome friend and company! And I am sooo excited to see her again in the summer back in Nova Scotia! Peggys Cove here we come!
Life and its surroundings here in England never ceases to amaze me! The English surroundings are so breath taking and so fabulous i continually just have to stop, look, breathe, and take in and absorbe my life as it is. The view looking out over the valley behind my home is filled with such beauty i love it. A few weekends ago I joined Sarah and Juan in the back garden watching hot air balloons floating out across the open countryside. And last night Sarah and I sat out in the back garden again and watched a huge beautiful firework show on the other side of the valley. It was beautiful! (the works of fire were even larger than those of Canada day in Halifax...but of course not as good as the ones briggs can create with his glow sticks). But the things we can see from our tullecombe home are so fabulous!
Also on the studies portion of my life i am finished the ten units i needed to complete! Which was such a relief! So this week all i need to do is write my exam and POW i'm finished! I'm going to try and fit in some studying time SOMEWHERE in my day, but yep! There it is! I can actually graduate now.
Today has been a sweet day as well. I was invited yet again to a family dinner at the Carpenters to bid a farewell to their son Tim as he heads off on a bicycle adventure from Petersfield England, through france along the Atlantic coast, to the southern tip of Spain for charity. So it was a nice visit yet again. Its fun when the boys are home because there's the sibling banter going on, and its fun seeing the whole family dynamics of their home. Then of course Debbies mum came and had tea with Debbie and I afterwards, so it was quite lovely. I'm excited though to hear about the travels of Tim, and hear his stories of people he meets in France over these next few weeks. OH the adventures people have in life!
BUT my friends, I am quite tired at the moment, and it is I think about time for me to take a little nap. But i wanted to wish a special wedding anniversary to my Mum and Dad, Jonathan and Shelley Mcmullen, and Tim and Sue Stevens!!!
I hope you all have a romantic celebration-filled day!! Love you all!!!!!
And FOLKS its only a number of weeks until i return! WOO HOO!!! Nova Scotia here I come!!!
-alli

5 comments:

  1. hey buddy, you know what? my blog was renamed, so you should know new direccion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear all these stories in person again, and I will before too long! Keep up the good work buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet update.
    daniel's new blog is
    http://rincondemismemorias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALLI! all your pictures are so beautiful!!! i'm in ...shick but not that you could take them, just at how they make me feel - you're wonderful! i love you love you love!
    talk to you soon
    i'm smiling really hard - it's lkucky there's only one other person at the rec centre :)
    soon we'll have endless sleepovers with brawfree cooking-picturetaking-paintingmaking stories in real life of our exploring!
    lots of hugs from poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. *i meant in shock :) have a good lfight home if i don't talk to you before you switch worlds

    ReplyDelete