These past few weeks have been mayham! Just in a QUICK update: The children were not going to their two morning a week pre-school because of spring break...BUSY. And then our horses moved to another yard for the next few months so they can eat lots of fresh grass...get fat and live a life of luxury...whilst our fields green up over here! The move was incredibly busy and exhausting...all done in one day. But it was fun! Having the children and horses in different locations makes my job a little difficult because some days i need to be in both places at once...yeah, i cant get cut inhalf sooo it just makes for long tiresom days for me, but i enjoy my pillow at the end of the night.
This past weekend a few friends from halifax came and visited me! It was quite nice having fellow-canadians staying in my home! I loved being able to show people where I live...what things are, who people are...where things are located and such, so people can actually SEE my life here, instead of just reading about it.. It was nice. On Saturday we went down to the coast *YES OCEAN AGAIN! To a place called Boshum. Its near Portsmouth. Anyway, we went with a friend of theirs whome they met on a YWAM mission a few years ago...who coincidentally works in my little town of Rogate! Which is so random and so unbelieveable! See, Rogate is so small you cant even spot it on a map! It consists of, a church, pub and all-around-general store. So i love how we both have a connection with Rogate. ANYWAY our adventure near the sea was fabulous!
We joined a group of English-learners from across the globe who are connected with Leila's (friend of Ashley and Karen)
This past week has been quite busy as well. 5 out of the 7 days of work i've worked with the horses which has been rather draining on my body, but its been good. My girls, fay and caro went to London for the weekend again, so today and yesterday have been double duty works. The children had a naughty day today, and we are working through that...I went for a long walk with my dogs Bonnie and Buster...got lost..and ended the walk with whitnessing them murder my Pheasant friend Ernie! Before i knew what was happening, i heard a squack and then an explosion of feathers!...it was digusting! And kinda unnerving! Poor Ernie.
Now I smell like horses, and soap at the same time..And i am tuckered out. I'm soon heading to bed, but i wanted to say a quick hello to everyone!! Hope your weeks have been splended!!
Love you all and hope to hear from you soon!!
-alligal
this week my friends try a little patience. Its something i really have been challanging myself with lately, and it is such an important part to life. Breathe and love, pratice patience before acting out your initial frusterations. Patience is key to living a joyful life! take care!
I'm glad that you were not locked in the church too long....funny that it should happen to you and no one else in the group?! It looks like a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you had a bit of Canadian company....to remind you how we speak over here!
I love you.....this much!!!!!!!!!
Mum
rest in peace ernie. or should I should pieces :), thanks to bonnie and buster.
ReplyDeleteif you do get cut in half, I call dibbs on one of those halves... that way I could have my very own Alli...hehe...well, I could have my very own 1/2 Alli I guess... oh well...
ReplyDeleteLuke