On ‘missions past’ I have been the one who sought out trips, I applied to join teams, and was proactive in seeking where I felt I could offer my skills and abilities in specific missions in communities around the globe. However, with all of the changes that have happened in the last ten months, with getting married, moving, waiting on grad school etc. I hadn’t thought of involving myself in another mission trip in the near future. It all changed with a simple phone call from my colleagues Ron and Fadi.
The phone call went something like this, “Alli, we have a job for you, well, we have a new venture organization, Venture2Impact, and have a specific job designed just for you, do you want it?”
After I hung up the phone, having heard more about this job just for me, my mind was racing. Of all the people they could have asked to be a part of this new venture, they wanted ME! I guess I am going to have to learn a new language! I think I need to talk to Robbie. I think I still have malaria meds left. I’m in!
Venture2Impact is an organization created with the vision to promote sustainable development through partnerships around the world. Their desire is to empower locals in the partnered regions across the globe, as well as helping volunteers better understand poverty in its various forms. My role with Venture2Impact would be one of leadership. I would be a cultural translator of sorts, between locals we partner alongside, as well as the volunteers who join us on our ventures overseas.
I have been asked to be a part of a pilot trip to Batam Indonesia from April 15-24 2016. On this venture, we will be partnering with Telunas Resorts. Telunas not only is an eco-friendly resort, it is a source of employment for locals, as well as an influential aid in social and educational development projects in the surrounding villages. We will be immersing ourselves in the homes of locals, as well as partnering with Telunas on community developmental projects while we are on the ground. This includes things such as teaching English and running programs for the children in the local villages.
I have been asked to be a part of a pilot trip to Batam Indonesia from April 15-24 2016. On this venture, we will be partnering with Telunas Resorts. Telunas not only is an eco-friendly resort, it is a source of employment for locals, as well as an influential aid in social and educational development projects in the surrounding villages. We will be immersing ourselves in the homes of locals, as well as partnering with Telunas on community developmental projects while we are on the ground. This includes things such as teaching English and running programs for the children in the local villages.
It is going to be an incredible experience and I cannot wait to see where the relationship between those in Batam and the Venture2Impact team will go in the future! I feel privileged to be a part of the formation of a new relationship, and I look forward to seeing how God uses me, and the team as we spend time with the Melayu villagers.
Within the next few weeks, I need to raise $3000 to finish my fundraising goal for the work we will be doing on ground. A couple of our projects for this trip include creating activities and art endeavours for the local children as well as helping with the building infrastructure within the local villages. If you would like to know more about what we will be doing, please feel free contact me. If you are interested in supporting me in this venture, I have attached the link to my support page. https://www.navigators.ca/events/event_16-02-12Mission_register.php
Thank you so much for your prayers and support,
alli
Thank you so much for your prayers and support,
alli

No comments:
Post a Comment