Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Well Hello Hello One and All! Long time no write! Well, I suppose it is my own fault for not writing for such a long while. To be honest, I just have no felt inspired to really write. I know that is a lame excuse, especially for those of you who really hear about what is going on in my life via my blog, I do apologize, I really do. There is something these days that just made me want to hide from the online blog for a little while.

I'm not sure if I just needed some inspiration, or if I needed some space to breathe or what, but here I am again, at least today, writing a little blog update for you all. As you know already, it is October. October here in Hali means beautiful colours of brilliant reds, yellows and oranges scattered through the branches of the city.  My friend Kate and I decided to take advantage of the beauty and we took out our two cameras the other day to enjoy the autumn sun. 

 We have been pretty lucky actually this fall to have some really beautiful warm days. Normally at this time of year we have had many frosty nights, and the summer sun is long gone. However, for some reason (and I am in no way complaining at all, since I am a summer gal) the summer warmth has decided to stay a little bit longer here in the city, and it is so nice! Today is one of the first days I have actually seen frost on the ground, so I think things are going to be changing...sadly, but nevertheless I enjoyed the warmth while it lasted. 

Kate and I are both photographers. Well, I don't know if we would actually refer to ourselves as photographers, but we do love to take pictures, and for the most part, our photos are quite refreshing to look at, if I may say so myself. Being 'photographers' we very rarely are in photos ourselves. With that, we are often quite awkward when we ARE in photos, because we don't really know what to do with ourselves! We are comfortable with telling someone else what to do, or how to pose, or how to really capture a sweet moment on film. But when it comes to actually being in the camera's eye, we are awkward and uncomfortable.  So last Friday, we packed up a little picnic basket of props and colours, and went down to a local park to take some photos. 

We had some rather hilarious moments of close calls with the rock wall (which is in some of these photos) and it was fun seeing the reactions on peoples faces as they walked, or ran passed while we were taking our photos. I am sure they had NO idea what was going on. Why there was a blanket with brilliant colours set up in the grass with books, flowers and even a pumpkin on it, but we didn't care, we were having fun taking pictures, and working on our 'modelling' skills. 
 This Fall I have been trying to go the local farmers market on a weekly basis. Now that I am not working for Pier 1 anymore I have my weekends which is SO nice. I am able to go out and wander the market for hours and people watch, and meet up with people for coffee (or tea on my part) and just enjoy myself. Well, a few weeks ago I made an impulse buy, and I am so happy I did. The hat that is in these photos is made by a local girl, and she is so talented. I have had my eye on some of her hats for the longest time, but never worked up the courage to actually purchase one. I just couldn't justify it. But that week some of the hats were on sale, 50% off!! So I got one!
 The hat is reversible and beautiful. I think it will be nice to perk up the gloomy winter days that are still to come. With my yellow wellies, and a red cap I am almost excited to face the cold wintery days just to have a little bit of colour in my wardrobe for the first time in a while!

I don't know what all of you are doing with your fall days, or if the colours of leaves where you are are as good as the ones that we have around here right now, but I sure hope you are finding beautiful things to look at and enjoy. *for those of you who are into good books...check out the one that is in my little basket photo titled LOVE DOES. I am going to have a whole blog dedicated to that book in the near future. But in the meantime, go out and buy it and read it.

  I must run to class now, but I hope you enjoyed a little photo blog of a sunny photo shoot with my sweet Kate!

  have a beautiful autumn day.
-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment