
Today I woke up to rain pounding down on my skylight in my room, and I knew today would be a grey day. When I say that I do not necessarily mean that it will be a dull boring day where I am gloomy and glum. No no. The weather would be grey. And it was.
It was the kind of day where no matter how long you spend outside at once...you are soaked. I was out and about running errands with a friend today, and we were SOAKED. In one shop as we walked out dripping (literally) from the rain, she said 'oh don't get too wet out there' and I just laughed! Because we were already looking like sopping wet mops. But it was the thought that counts right?

There is something refreshing about coming in from the rain, when clothes couldn't get any wetter, and drying off. I LOVE being able to pull on a warm sweater, make a fire, and curl up with a book and a warm cup of tea. As I am currently curled up infront of a fire, with hot water at hand, I have been browsing through my photos to enlarge for a wedding present, I came across these golden photos, and thought how I needed some gold on this grey day. So I hope you were able to enjoy them as I have these past few moments.

I want to make a special Birthday wish for my friend Caro, as she turns 24 today. I love you my sweet girl and I cannot wait to see you in just over a hundred days. We can share golden moments like this together in just over 3 1/2 months.
a.
No comments:
Post a Comment