Even just looking at the brightness in these photos makes me breathe in a sigh of relief. The sunshine has arrived, and with it has come brightness, beauty and warmth. Even now as I write, (and avoid spanish homework) the sun is bright outside and it is kissing all of the empty tree branches--letting them know that they too can soon become bright with colours and life.




I think I havent given the spring time the credit it deserves in years past. I suppose this year I am more excited than ever to have the sun and the warmth bless us with its long awaited presence.
I suppose God had that planned out all along. There is the dead of winter, coldness and grey...but then He chooses to bless us with colours, warmth and beauty of fresh flowers and bright sun rays on our faces, freckles, long casting shadows, and singing birds.
How can you not find life beautiful when there is so much happening around you?
Last Thursday felt like my first real spring day and it was the most refreshing day I have had in a while. I went out to a local cafe called 'two if by sea' it is across the harbour from where I live and I went with my friend Jenni for a little adventure. Normally when I cross the water and go to the 'dark side' I get lost. But this time, I was fine! I didn't get lost once!
I think I was in need of a good ol' coffee date, and it was a perfect day for it to happen. I went into the little cafe, and I knew the barista which was really great, and she made me a little cappuccino (the photo is above). *have I mentioned that recently I have been ordering the Barista's favourite?--it has been awesome. I haven't had to choose a drink in over a month, and with the baristas making me their favourites I have been blessed with deliciously made drinks--because if they are making me their favourites--then they aren't going to do a 'hack job' in creating the beverage...so it is incredible each time!* Anyhow, when Jenni and I were enjoying our caps and crescents we ended up seeing a few people we knew...and they ended up coming and joining us for a little while consecutively which was so nice as well. It was great. I love coffee shops, I love their atmosphere and their quaintness. They have such a community oriented mindset, it is refreshing.
After leaving the cafe a few hours later, we went and picked up our friend Matt and we went out for a little stroll around a local park by the sea. It became a little chilly and windy down on the shore, but we went walking up around the forest areas of the part and it was beautiful! I stopped to take pictures of pussy willows at one point in the walk, and all of a sudden we were bombarded by chickadees! Apparently they are quite tame. As Matt was pointing out to me that there was a chickadee close-by me, one landed on his hand!!! It was crazy cool and it was awesome, being acquainted with the little spring time birds. (one of the birdy photos is above as well)
After leaving the cafe a few hours later, we went and picked up our friend Matt and we went out for a little stroll around a local park by the sea. It became a little chilly and windy down on the shore, but we went walking up around the forest areas of the part and it was beautiful! I stopped to take pictures of pussy willows at one point in the walk, and all of a sudden we were bombarded by chickadees! Apparently they are quite tame. As Matt was pointing out to me that there was a chickadee close-by me, one landed on his hand!!! It was crazy cool and it was awesome, being acquainted with the little spring time birds. (one of the birdy photos is above as well) That thursday last week was so refreshing. It was warm and welcoming. The weather was perfect and the community was fantastic. I love the people I have been blessed with over the past few years. I love the conversations we have and I love the time that I am able to spend with them. They are blessings for sure. I am one blessed girl.
I hope you all enjoy the beautiful spring weather. If you see a crocus flower, you should bend down and welcome it to spring, by kissing it! A man I know welcomes the first crocus he see's each spring by stopping in his tracks, and bending over and kissing it to show his affection. It is such a great thing to do I think!!!
Sit outside and get freckles and sun-kissed skin my friends!!! As I write, I am currently listening to the weepies, and they are great...relaxing and refreshing.
peace love and sunshine.
a.
No comments:
Post a Comment