Since the beautiful spring has decided to come and join us after she has been in hiding, I thought I would post some spring photos from the past few years...to help bring your hearts to the bright joyous florals which come only in the spring. Maybe you haven't been able to experience new spring life as of yet, then here you are! Here are some treats for your eyes!
I think it is incredible how even the smallest change in weather can bring such an emotional, physical and spiritual change in people's lives. The Sun has finally decided to come out from her hiding place which is where she has been hiding for what seems to be years, 5 months, and she has graced is with the beginnings of warmth. Over the past few weeks, I have been able to see the traces of spring. People are out and running or walking on every street. The grungy snow piles are slowly disappearing and grass (slightly brown with tinges of green) is appearing, birds are singing constantly, and people are looking fresher and more excited about life. The time changed this past weekend, so we are now able to have daylight until almost 7:30 at night! Ah I love love love spring.


Another great thing which comes alongside spring time, is spring cleaning. After living through the dead of winter, there is this urning to start from scratch, and fresh, to clear out the old, and bring in the new. There is a urning to open windows and doors, let the fresh air in and breathe in--refreshed. I think that spring cleaning isn't just a physical house thing, which we tend to do each year. But I believe that it goes 'deeper' than that. I feel like I need to go through my own thoughts and emotions and life, and clean out the gross dusty attitudes, and thoughts and habits which have just seemed to build up over the past few winter months. I need to be refreshed. I've already started my own personal spring cleaning and I feel refreshed already.
I think since I've been here in Hali for so many months at a time, (which is rare for me) I haven't had the changes in scenery which I was used to before, so having this change in season is so refreshing and so much more exciting to me. I believe it makes me appreciate it so much more! More than I ever have in years past.
My challenge for you, is to stop and breathe in the new fresh air. A gift of simplicity for you! if you see a flower, stop and appreciate it, if you see a sunrise, or even a sunset, stop and enjoy the beauty. Let it seep into your pores. Notice a little detail and find joy in it. In those little things, you will find so much JOY!
I hope you have a good day. What are you going to clean out of your life?
here's a song which I love and has made me dance around countless times over the past month.
alli
Great song! You should check out The Good Lovelies. They have tunes on youtube as well as on their web site www.goodlovelies.com
ReplyDeleteI think you will enjoy their music, too!
We were able to see them live in a very small venue ~ a week ago. It was great!
Love you!!!
Aunt Ann