Saturday, 1 May 2010

what you can buy at a store....

Tonight I had the opportunity to babysit a little guy who is the age of three who lives in the neighborhood. And man, oh man was it a good night. Picture a little tiny little dude, who loves sports of all kinds, soo ticklish and can pronounce words perfectly...who's mind is always 4 steps ahead of your own, and is just hilarious. so here he is.....
We started off the evening with a fit of tears--which quickly ended due to me advising him that since I did not have a tissue to wipe away his tear-struck boogers...that he should probably stop crying... after he weighed his options of a snotty face or a good walk to the lake; his tears ceased.

It was quite a nice walk to the lake. Since last time we went on this little treck there was snow on the ground, and ice on the lake (but not thick enough to actually walk on). So our adventure this time 'round was so much nicer. We stayed down by the lake for a while, eventually after he got his first soaker of the year and his toes started to get a little cold, we went back home to give the little rascal a bath.

Once we were home, he prepared himself for the bath by eating a few goldfish (the delicious childrens snack which I believe should be for all ages), the goldfish were his way of becoming more... accustomed to the water in the tub.

We were just sitting talking, he was playing with bath toys, and I had scrubbed him down with soap and shampoo...and he, being obsessed with Hockey started saying he needed a hockey jersey to play hockey in the tub, since he had put something on his feet to be his skates. So I used a cloth to be his jersey...and then he told me that he didn't need that actually. In fact he had a chest already like his daddy. And I said, Oh ok, sure! You do you're right! (of course) And then he said ' And I have a peenee like daddy too'....my response 'yes, yes you do'... But Alli, you don't have a peenee'. 'No no, I don't you're right'..... 'You know Alli, if you want one, you could buy one at the store'. End of conversation. I had to step out of the bathroom and try to control the eruption of laughter which was aching to come out.

SO funny. When I told his mum about that on the car ride home, she lost it laughing. We both figured she should go home and record that somewhere in her books of embarrassing things to talk about to future girlfriends and at family events...

After the bath, we read a few stories and I put him to bed. I went down stairs and was tidying up the kitchen, and I had heard his little voice for a while singing, and then there was silence. But then, after a little while I heard this loud BANG noise. I thought, uh oh, what is going on up there!! So I ran up the stairs, and POW there he was, the little man, standing outside of his crib.. With his PJ bottoms on inside out. I said "What are you doing out of bed?!" Partially frustrated but mostly astonished that he was out of bed.... and he responded 'I had to pee!' and thats all he kept saying-- 'I had to pee!'. So his parents didn't think I was an incapable babysitter I started to fix his pajamas when I realized his diaper was also inside out and backwards. Oh dear. He had to pee! I then asked him where his Hockey mittens were (because he had requested to sleep with them earlier) And he said in the bathroom, so I told him he couldn't have them back because he should have called me and told me he had to GO, since climbing out of his crib is dangerous! He thought that was okay...so off he went back to sleep.

I couldn't believe it! Incredible little boy!!

The evening overall was fabulous, and I think he's one of a kind. I thought I would share the hilarious happenings of my evening and ladies....if you want a peenee....you can apparently go to the store and just buy yourself one. Kidding.

have a good day.
-alli

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Alli. I just laughed so much reading this. SO FUNNY! Do I know this miniature genius? I think I do. I hope I can meet him soon.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete