Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Oh Nova Scotia

Well, as you can see from this photograph, here at home, we are in the 'dead of winter'. The days are short and the evenings long. The air is crisp and cool--beyond cool. It is freezing! This is the season for winter-loving people....where skiing and snowboarding are the things to do.. Now...for the winter-sport challenged people such as myself, I am quite excited for spring (which is Just around the corner).

I wanted to share a quote with you which I heard this past week which made me laugh quite a bit...because really it would only come out of Nova Scotia, or a place with a cold bitter winter.

After a few weeks of being negative 24 degrees with wind-chill I was told to go out and enjoy the last day of cold for a while...since the next day was supposed to be really warm....ZERO degrees Celsius.

I had to laugh because really, zero still isn't very warm at all. But after experiencing such cold bitter winter windy days zero sounded quite beautiful and refreshing...almost vest weather!

Oh mr. spring, will you please stop hiding from behind that corner and come and join us! Bringing your beautiful sunny weather and bright flowers!!!

the nova scotian feather.

1 comment: