I am currently living out yet another dream from the life of Alli Churchill.
'Go to a counrty that starts with every letter of the alphabet' ---S---
Today was a long day sitting on a bus bound for Edinburgh! I hopped onto the bus at 9:00 in the morning and I didn't get off until 6:30 tonight...LONG bus ride, but it was quite entertaining! I had my music with me and a book, my journal and eyes to look out the window and absorb the beautiful surroundings our lovely bus was passing by.
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me why so many great imaginative books come from the UK. Even driving through the land makes me inspired and makes me want to write, sing, dance and waltz into these beautiful worlds that are talked about in the books we read!! Its beautiful and I hope one day you all will be able to come and experience the breath-taking beauty of the United Kingdom.
Tonight as we were crossing the boarder from England to Scotland the sun was setting across the sky and it was absolutely wonderfully golden. It was breathtaking and aweing and soo refreshing. On one side of the bus was the ocean and old buildings and on the other side (my side of the bus) was the setting sun over the Scottish hillsides. Ah man, it was incredible. I got Hamish out and took some pictures from the bus because it was so fantastic! It was a 8.8 out of ten I would say! It would have been better if I had one spot that I could just sit and breathe in the beauty. Oh glorious!
When we pulled into Edinburgh the sun had set so it was rather dark, so I asked directions from a guy who I had talked to on the bus who is Scottish, and he offered me a lift to my hostel! SUPER! So I climbed into his dads car and they dropped me off at the hostel. His name is Chris and he is just home to visit family and friends for the weekend because he now lives in London. Oh the things you learn about people when you are living out of a backpack! We may meet up tomorrow night with some of his friends which could be rather fun. We shall see. I just hope I gave him the right number. (these english mobile numbers are so long I can never remember all of the numbers!!)
I just got the TWO MINUTE flash on this computer so I should wind this down now. But I hope you are all enjoying your lives in the fall colours! I SAW SOME COLOURS TODAY!! And while drawing the leaves in my journal I met a woman from HALIFAX!!! woohoo! ONE MINUTE!
I love you!
-alli
No comments:
Post a Comment