Sunday, 20 September 2009

a day by the sea

Good evening yet again everyone! Can you believe it? Two posts within two days...incredible! Please don't get too used to the many updates, I am staying where there is a computer handy, SO I am taking advantage of it!

Today was another good day on the Isle of Wight. This morning Nadine and I were taken to church by Os, to his local parish. It was a quaint little church in the town of Whitwell. The service was the anual harvest Sunday service. So all the children from the community brought their little harvest gifts to the alter which was so cute (in their little baskets). It was a nice service. Os gave Nadine and myself a little history lesson about the church and the name of the community after the service was over. He is a fountain of information that man is!

*the town Whitwell is named after a well within the community which was believed to have been a healing well. It was called the 'White well'; (white meaning clean, clear)...which was shortened to 'whitwell'. Cool huh? (Its better when Os tells the history about it)

This afternoon Nadine and I hopped onto a bus (A DOUBLE DECKER BUS--Mum you would have had the biggest twitches riding on the top of one of the busses! bushes in the face, branches hitting the glas...soo scary! Towering over the hedges and other cars. OH man. SCARRY) and we went to a town which I cannot remember the name of, but it was by the sea and it was beautiful!

As we were sitting along the sea shore eating some Walls ice cream bars I learned a few things about Canada which I never knew from an odd English man....Now when I say learned a few new things, these are things I honestly didn't know about myself--or about MY country. SO as he sat and awkwardly joined us for a few moments I learned that my english is VERY good for a Canadian! I also learned that we Canadians dont speak english but infact we apparently have our own language...! Cool huh? I also learned that all Canadians live in cabins and they cant leave them until the winter is through! (Winter does end in Canada!) Isn't that wonderful? Oh man. Did I ever laugh when he left. He was a wee bit looney I think...But I'm glad I can speak english!

Nadine and I finished our day with a dinner at the local Pub which was nice...we are so full though that I need to go stretch out and do some reading! Tomorrow we're off to the Needles (beautiful cliffs) and then we'll see what we do next!

Tuesday night I'm making some Ginger Chicken for Os, Julie and their family. It hopfully will be good!

Peace and love to you all! I hope my english was understandable since Canadians have our own language....Ooooh I'm still laughing about that!

Good night!
-alli

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... sometimes I agree that Canadians have their own language! Newfoundlanders anyway, for sure!
    Haha, I'm so glad you're having a lovely time. Blessings xx
    P.S. I went to the Sunday Supper again last night :)

    ReplyDelete