Goodevening,
how are you all tonight on this fine autumn evening? I am right now sitting at Tullecombe with a cup of tea in hand, cross legged with a mind full of thoughts, so I thought I should write.
Was the day crisp and full of colour for you all? Today for me really felt like an autumn day. I woke up and the clouds were filling the sky. It was grey and crisp. I was quite excited actually which is strange for me to be happy there was no sunshine today...but I was excited to pull out my wool socks and have warm toes with a cup of tea to start the day! (ok..yes I am a tea-granny)
Do you ever get excited for those rainy cold days where it just gives you an excuse to stay inside and just relax and not have to worry about anything? Well, I think I was needing one of those days today...and maybe again tomorrow...but I needed one of those days today. I needed a day of quiet and for the most part I got it.
This morning I spent writing a little bit and I sat chatting with Caro in Mikes kitchen which was really nice...I like Caro a lot and I love how when we talk, it is like we haven't spent a whole year and a half apart. It is a true friendship. It withstands great distances and we can talk about anything and everything. Its refreshing. So after our great conversations, she went out and did some grocery shopping with Mikes sister and I just puttered around the house and did some packing. I also took Hamish out into the garden-nursery which Mikes family owns and I took pictures.
Someone asked me the other day 'what inspires you'...which I thought was a wonderful question...What inspires me? Well...as I was adventuring around with Hamish, I realized right now Rust inspires me. Yes, rust. The reddish-brownish stuff that forms on old farm equiptment, or on anything metal that has gotten wet witout being cleaned off. Inspiration. Rust. I love it. Whilst wandering around I was able to find some old tractors and they were great. I really really enjoyed looking at them in close detail and photographing their little rusty-bits which you would normally overlook with just a 'naked eye'. Minor details also inspire me. I love finding the little things that we so often overlook and I love taking joy in those little things.
Another thing that has inspired me quite a bit has been double-decker busses. I love them. I have realized that I, Alli Churchill am going to ride busses and write poetry! Last week while Nadine and I were on the Isle of Wight we were traveling around on a double decker bus, and I saw a tree. A wonderful naked tree. A wonderful naked old tree which I think needed mittens, scarfs and a wonderfully warm quilt to keep it warm. I for somereason became inspired by this tree and I keep picturing it in my mind all the time! I am almost to the point where I feel like I love this tree so much that I want to go to the IOW and take the bus to this tree, get out and photograph it then start knitting mittens for it, of bright colours! honestly! Maybe i've lost my marbles (mr. marbles may I have my marbles back?) Or maybe I've been inspired...I'm not sure. But this tree was great! Inspiration is great.
Well, as you can see from what I already wrote I am back at Tullecombe. Some of you may be new to my blog, but Tullecombe is the home where I lived for 10 months last year. It is my 'English home'...or one of many I suppose. Due to a change of plans, I have now made this my current 'home base'. I spent some time at Mikes house and now it is time to move on. I'm back with the children (not working no worries) and it should be good.
Within the next few days I am going to make myself sit down and figure out my plans for the next few weeks. If any of you have friends who have sofas which are lonely in the UK and would like a Canadian friend, feel free to send their names and numbers this way. I'm looking for friends and sofas too! (because I have an awesome sleeping bag!)
I should probably try and get some rest and let my mind settle down for the evening. But I hope you all feel inspired by something today. I dare you to move...to lift yourself up off the floor Go be inspired...find something beautiful and enjoy...find peace in the stillness or the small things. Be brilliant.
the feather at tullecombe
Alli, you inspire me. It's true.
ReplyDeletexx Jordan