I'm doing quite well actually. I'm sitting here, eating a piece of delish orange pican cake Sarah got from her mum for her birthday, and sipping a delish pom-drink. Its a nice, quiet Friday evening.
Today is actually my half day (meaning I only had to work until noon today!!) And I am enjoying the peace. It is lovely.
Today when I finished up at the stables and came in for lunch we had just recieved our food order for the week, so I was SO excited (grocery day is always so exciting) because there was a full fridge of food which I love...so i couldnt decide on what to eat. But a bagel was sufficient for me today! But since my mini-kitchen doesnt have a table due to its petit size I was sitting on 'my spot' on the floor, looking out the window when I discovered...we actually have COLOUR IN OUR ENGLISH HILLS! Isnt that fabulous? Time has turned another corner, and Colour was hiding on the other side!
Well of course if there's colour or anything beautiful that catches my eye, Hamish isn't far away. SO I quickly finished my lunch and then ran and got Hamish for a good photo adventure from my kitchen/bathroom windows. It was wonderful! Nadine and I were loving watching the colours...BUT as we were looking out the windows a dark cloud started rolling in. *even more photo-fun. SO we watched it roll in...taking pictures, talking to the gardner out the window...it was great!
After the rain, all of a sudden the sun decided to appear while it was still raining...so yes. Another beautiful rainbow appeared across the valley for me to see! Ah aren't rainbows wonderful?! SO I sat and absorbed the beauty for a while, over the rainbow coloured hills, under an arch of a real rainbow. AH I love it.
I have realized my day here at Tullecome is so full and so busy, that i rarely sit down and just...sit. It is something I have to make myself do or I will just go all day long.
That is my project for myself right now. Finding the peace, and sthe stillness in my day. Even if it is just for five minutes...just sit, relax and breathe.
That is my goal for you this week as well. Search out the silence and be still.
*from a girl across the sea who found a secret behind the corner of colours.
-alli
these are beautiful pictures dear. It was fun talking with you to you today!
ReplyDeleteLove Dad
these are beautiful pictures Allison. It was
ReplyDeletegreat talking with yuo today.
Love Dad
alli, fall was just around the bend.
ReplyDelete