Tuesday, 25 November 2008

between the lines...

Once again, I am so sorry for the huge delay in writing to you all. I wish I could say I have an excuse...like Oh i fell out of a tree and couldn't remember even the password for my blog...or the dog ate my blogpage...or something like that. But no. I'm just not so brilliant at remembering to keep everyone up to date with my life! And for that, I am sorry.

But here is an update for the past few weeks in my life. Are you ready? Here it comes. Since I last blogged a lot has happened. Many changes within the Tullecombe house hold.
*Sarah has found a new au-pair to 'replace' me once I leave, so she is starting in January (huge relief)
*I had a little run in with a horse my knee...so I am off horse duties until it heals, which could potentially be a little while. It was on remembrance day...and I even missed 11:11 which was rather annoying since I was on the ground waiting for medical supervision. Silly silly.
*Carolin (my old roomate) SURPRISED me one morning in my room! Came all the way from Germany to see me (and Mike-her man) before I leave. It was a wonderful day. We spent the whole day together with the kids, like we used to. It felt as if time hadn't passed. It was wonderful and such a blessing!
*I went to London (with a stupid crutch) to see Luke Dock, one of my friends from the maritimes who was here for a conference. It was sweet, we wandered and did the touristy things. It was a sweet time.
*Jacob and his friend Sam-u-le (Sam) came and visited and stayed for a few days here. It was great. Nadine and I were laughing the whole time. We decided that we're going to hire them just to come and hang out with us so life can be constant giggles. Holy smokes. It was a good time though.


But life is good. These past few weeks have been a little difficult since my movements are limited, but I'm now off crutches and I can hobble around pretty normally now! The football-sized swelling has gone down so that is a blessing in its self! But something that has really been a 'silver lining' to this whole knee-ordeal is that since i'm not able to do stable work...I am able to spend my intire day with the children again! Yes sometimes i feel like finding a really large sign on the wall that says 'HIT HEAD HERE' but for the most part they're good. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with them before my 'final' days with them arrived; but now its ok! Because we get to see eachother a lot, we giggle a lot, and just get to use our imaginations which is so nice.

It is strange though, to think that this adventure, this life which I have lived, breathed, and loved for this past year is coming to a close in this next month. It is incredible. Its strange. Sarah and Nadine keep making comments about how they can't believe I'm actually going...and to be honest...neither can I. It is reality; its happening, i'm leaving. BUT I dont think it has completely struck me yet. I'm starting to have to say my goodbyes to people around the cities I have explored and found friendships; Nadine and I are trying to make all the good meals we've been wanting to, before our 'last tesco order happens'...Its actually coming to a close! It will be bitter sweet.

But the thing is, I was telling this to someone at church on Sunday; I fully believe that when this job came into my lap back in October last year, It was completely God chosen. He wanted me here these past months and it was completely God blessed. BUT now, I am feeling the exact same peace in direction from Christ, but to return home. Like i've said before 'blessings come with the wind'. And the wind is taking me home.

Well, I must go get something to eat before the kids come home from school. SO I will write again soon! And just think...This time next month, I will be home...Christmas will be over...we will be stuffed to the brim with Turkey and cranberries...and life will go on!

Peace, Joy and love to you all.
from across the sea,
alli.






2 comments:

  1. you make me cry every time.
    I cant wait for you to come home. But I"m sad for you in your having to say all the goodbyes, which i know is so so hard.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can hardly wait for you to come home dear!! Beautiful pictures!
    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete