Thursday, 19 May 2016

Indo through my eye

For those of you who do not have Instagram and haven't seen a snap shot into some of the images of my time in Indonesia, I will reward your patience with a few images of my time away. 

I am in the middle of two online courses this month, so my time is limited to write a full on blog. However I thought you would appreciate a little eye candy, and I am appreciating a little procrastination. 
Coco fresh from the tree, picked just for our team. Coco water is the best for replenishing electrolytes on a hot hot day.  

Billowing thunder clouds. We had some of the most incredible thunder storms I have ever seen while in Indo! 

I joined this little guy in the shade under the trees while visiting a local school one day. 

How can you NOT love the little cheeky faces??

Beautiful leaves with an alli-blue backdrop 

Our little shadows! They had created natural cap-guns and were shooting off flower buds. The range in their shots were actually quite impressive! 

Team work! One day we helped build a wall in one of the communities with hand-mixed cement and locally made bricks. 

A father and son taking a break from the welcoming festivities. 

We helped introduce a hand washing and teeth brushing station in one of the rural island schools. She was absolutely beautiful. 

One of the youngest to learn how to use soap and water! 

Beautifully painted sea side hut..with a goat minding the lawn

Fishing is the main industry in the local islands. Seeing boats scattered along the shore is a common sight. 

The rich live inland and the 'poor' live on top of the sea....a backward mentality in comparison to that of the North American lifestyle. 

Our water taxi and only mode of transportation while we were in Indonesia. 

A Bapa sending us off, with quite an incredible smile. 

a evening view from my porch. 

Beautiful sunrise mist. 

traditional outfits welcoming us to their island with style

A humble fisherman on the boarder of the Singapore harbour. Such a drastic contrast in worlds. 

Hand carved out of one tree, two boats waiting for the tide to come back in, for an evening fish

I may have been so excited when seeing FIVE pineapple plants growing their fruit of love. 

pastel skies (the house on the left is where I stayed on an island overnight visit)

Boys and their bike

running down the pier 

living the life

a view straight out of Miss Rumphius' storybook life

I spy with my little eye.....monkeys in the horizon 


No comments:

Post a Comment